Attachments

• 14BD4A79-9AAB-4CE4-93CB-BAD45A35E1A3.jpeg
      14BD4A79-9AAB-4CE4-93CB-BAD45A35E1A3.jpeg
      620.9 KB · Views: 24

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a black powder revolver. Shiny, nickle finish. it does not load as fast as a cartridge revolver, but if you deduct the time spent in brass prep and reloading, it probably is about equal time per shot. It is really fun to shoot. Pretty accurate. All my friends enjoy shooting it. They are not hard to clean. Mine is .45 caliber and the recoil is easy to handle. We have fun every time we shoot it. Made a lot of friends when curious people come over to see what is making that great smelling smoke. It is fun to make new friends. You never have to search for lost brass in the grass. Always makes you think about Cowboy adventures in the Wild West. Kind of fun remembering the Lone Ranger shows. Not many things in life are fun anymore, but I have fun with my Black Powder Revolver.

Don't buy a black powder revolver.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Jan 20, 2009
    I remember another member here who used to actually carry a BP revolver. He said it was because it was exempt from having to get a carry permit. I believe his member name was Kur. Of course, none of that matters now that Indiana went to Constitutional carry. I think he eventually went to carrying a more modern pistol.

Not that it has anything to do with whether or not you should get one, but it was an interesting topic for quite a while back then.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Don’t…..but if you do be sure to clean it thoroughly after shooting. Also, soap and water first then the oil afterwards. It’s much different than modern firearms. You can’t let your black powder guns sit for a week before cleaning. Well, you can but it’s not a good outcome.

Top Bottom