• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, as you can see the Tea Party's have come and gone. Not much else has been planned except for a Washington DC march on July 4th. Well, I've pushed to change that and have started the makings of some smaller events here at home.

First, we have decided to hand out some material at the Indy 1500 coming up at the end of the month. The material hasn't been developed yet, but it is in the works. Not sure if we will need anymore volunteers to pass the stuff out, but I have a question for those who will be having booths at the 1500...

Would you be willing to, or have space to, allow us to give you some flyers to let the masses take free that directs them to the Tea Party organizers and iCaucus websites and other information?

I would greatly appreciate it. We will be there all weekend and whatever doesnt get handed out we will gratefully collect them back from you unless you know places you could hand them out and the like. We will either be outside handing flyers to those in line or inside catching those on the way out or both.

Second, we are organizing a marching protest for Indianapolis. The plan is to keep true to the grievences laid out in the Tea Party's across the Country which boil down to Stop the Spending, Repeal the Stimulus, Do Away With Big Government, and Cut Taxes. So far the plan is to start at White River Park (Free Parking), march around the capitol building, make our way to the circle, maybe the City-County Muncipal building, and back. The date is NOT yet set but would like it to be early/mid May. SOON. We already have close to a couple dozen participates willing to go. This will not be held in one place for very long so a permit is not required and lunch will either be a "BYOL" or we will eat at the food court at Circle Centre Mall. Details have not been planned yet, but I want to give you all a heads up on whats going on.

I should know more in the next few days and will update this thread, not this post, this thread, when I know more.

I'm asking for participation and help with this. Thanks guys. I just don't want to see the movement die. July is a long way off and we must keep up pressure.

If you aren't on the mailing list or involved with a local small group from the Tea Party's I encourage you to do so by going here... Indy Defenders of Liberty (Indianapolis, IN) - Meetup.com
    Home

These are the suggested Talking Points for those interested...

Indianapolis Tea Party Talking Points.

* STOP Wasteful Spending
    o Why is the government the only place we see job growth?
    o Why is everyone in America watching what they spend, EXCEPT for our government?
    o Why are pork projects injected into a bill that was billed as a necessary bill to save our financial system.

* Allow Capitalism to WORK!
    o Capitalism requires winners AND losers. Let the losers fail. Anyone remember “survival of the fittest?”
    o Did our government bail-out the dot coms in 2001? Should they have bailed them out? Why now do we have to bail out other sectors?
    o Bankruptcy can be a good thing. It removes inefficiency and rewards those that are efficient and profitable!

* Cut Taxes to stimulate the Economy
    o Quit punishing success. Lower the corporate rate to free up capital and allow businesses to form in the United States because of a low tax rate.
    o Give individuals back their own money. How does punishing a millionaire actually help those that are living paycheck to paycheck? This is emotiona vs. substance

Top Bottom