• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria

Well, I haven't seen any cheap ammo since the CT shooting. Primers and bullets are in scant supply. I need some extra mags for training (they can take a beating sometimes, you know) and they are backordered everywhere.

That's why not.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    attachment.php

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I dropped a quick note to Jackie Walorski, our rep. I feel sorry for her, just starting her first term with this debacle.

However, since I attended a fundraiser for her at Midwest Range a couple of years ago where we fired automatic weapons in between chats with her, I'm pretty sure that she's solid with the 2nd Amendment. Sure hope so.

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I wonder if this is the expected outcome of what would have happened if Fast and Furious had worked. Seems like a lot of effort for little effect. I suspect there's more in the works, but I'm encouraged by the reaction of the American people (i.e. 250,000 new NRA members in one month). I think we've shown we're not ready to be shoved in a hole just yet.

Now let's hope the fears ease and we can all get back to normal gun and ammo prices.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    The EO's do very little, but there is potential for abuse. For instance, who decides what constitutes a proper person, and who is allowed to own a firearm? For all we know, they could very well say "You were have traffic tickets, therefore you are not allowed to own a firearm." That part of it could be sticky.

Congress is our next focal point. There is absolutely NO reason why you should not all be contacting your representative right now. Link in my sig.
    Let's see ,Andre' Carson might be too busy "shuckin' and jivin' " to read my mail !!!!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Grow up

What happened is that Obama said "if you don't want to ban assault rifles, you might as well kill all the children".

That's juvenile in it's own right!

On a positive note, you can contact your state and US congress members via this link, among others:
    Congress.org – Get informed, get involved

Took me about 10 minutes to email all of them except Obama and Joe Donnely. Skipped Obama and Donnely apparently has no public email account. Have to send him a written letter. Yes, I even emailed Andre Carson. All I asked is would they vote for or against a gun ban. I did tell them I was not interested in a "canned" response. I'm not holding my breath!

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Not to rub anyone's nose in it but.....I've been telling anyone on this forum who would listen that Barack Hussein can do NOTHING by executive order. ANY bans will come from codified law, passed by Congress and signed by the POTUS.

It's not going to happen. The variables now and in 1994 are completely different. Try and comprehend when I post here and LEARN!

Enough of this panic nonsense.

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    Has anyone in government - or any place else - DEFINED what an "assault weapon" actually is?

My Ruger 10/22 can deliver rounds as fast as a .22 cal. AR.
    I can deliver 2 mags of 9mm Gold Dots with my g19 almost as quick as someone with a 30 round mag in any caliber AR or AK (semi-autos) - and, in social inter-action range - just as effectively. I can reload in 3-5 seconds.

I firmly believe the gun industry has shot themselves in the foot by making so many evil looking rifles. Most of the anti-gun weenies have never fired or even handled the weapons they are declaring so dangerous. They are going strictly on appearances. And I will agree with them that the so-called assault weapons are pretty nasty looking (compared to my old Marlin 39A).

Keep in mind that to the Liberal "mind", PERCEPTION IS REALITY, and they THINK when they SEE an evil looking weapon it is evil and should be destroyed, but when they SEE a crazy person firing one of those weapons, he/she is just sick and should be helped.

Most Liberals are very confused about the difference between thinking and doing, between thoughts and actions, between identifying a problem and actually doing the right thing to solve the problem.

It is up to the clear thinking among us to make sure that the fuzzy-headed types in Washington (I think George would be ashamed to have his name on that zoo now) know what we want them to do, and what we will do if they misbehave.

As has been mentioned many times here, KEEP THOSE CARDS AND LETTERS COMING. :twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not to rub anyone's nose in it but.....I've been telling anyone on this forum who would listen that Barack Hussein can do NOTHING by executive order...

Not to rub it back in your nose, but you seem to have some trouble convincing others that your word is without doubt? Maybe, combined with the "I told you so..." trait, it makes for questioning? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It would seem that many on this site have survival training....or claim to. The first rule of survival is "DON'T PANIC."

Yet, when talking gun rights, politics, legislation, executive orders....it's full panic mode.
    - Panic buy, stuff you never really thought you needed
    - Panic, Obama is going to take over the gun industry and outlaw everything by himself......TODAY
    - Panic, believe every crazy rumor out there, banks not allowing you to use your money to buy guns, Sandy Hook was a gvt. conspiracy....
    - Panic call your legislators- call good, acting like a raving fool- bad
    - Panic everything!

Panic never, ever made a situation better.

Last edited:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011

Shelly1582

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    oh and hi cap mag ban

What about it? Are you one of the naive that believe it makes a lick of difference whether my magazine holds 10 or 14? Or just doesn't realize how quickly you can drop one and insert another? Or simply can not figure out how to mind ones own business and stay out of mine until I do something that reasonably brings me up to your, or the jury's, judgement? Making good people criminals due to the size of magazine their subcompact came standard with is ridiculous! If this is not where you were headed, I apologize, but your low post count and lack of clarification makes you appear to be a troll fishing for a fight.
    :welcome:

Buck69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence And just what business does my Doctor have asking if I have firearms in my house. More BS.

Top Bottom