• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    The following is a list, provided by the White House, of executive actions President Obama plans to take to address gun violence.

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
    Define relevant. Who decides what is relevant? Another excuse to collect more information on their enemy.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
    Unnecessary legal barriers being a person having a backbone and saying "No" to someone else trying to tell them what they can or cant do. Using HIPPA to prosecute anyone that doesn't report dangerous elements to big brother.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
    Do it, or ELSE! We will take your money away, we really will!

4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
    Like mexican drug cartels? Like straw purchasers? Like ATF and DOJ agents that specifically bypass EXISTING gun regulations, etc?

5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
    Seize my gun without probable cause or a warrant? If you got that, then you dont need a background check and perform your investigation. In the meantime, we'll seize EVERYONE's weapons and we'll start the universal background checks. That'll be a nice reset for everyone and ENSURE that we all are safe....

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
    Yeah, and in the meantime. I'll teach WALMART how to ring up sales for my garage sale...

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
    Responsible? Coming from the government!? HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
    Let the Free Market REIGN! If it dont work, they'll have lawsuits, etc, and they'll eventually go out of business/lose money.

9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
    You mean you need to figure out of a gun was stolen or something before you destroy it!? HOW DARE YOU! Oh? you can go ahead and destroy it, but still need to trace it's origins? Oh, okay, same old same old then. Not that they'll tell the owners unless they decide to prosecute....

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
    How about to the public as well? Can't let the peasants have too much info.....

11. Nominate an ATF director.
    That gun control advocate from chicago that has worked so well for them? HAHAHAHAH!

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
    Teach your grandmother to suck eggs....

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
    Yeah. Things like make certain things MORE illegal! Not that we'll enforce all the laws on the books....especially when arming drug cartels...

14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
    Yes, because gun violence is a DISEASE! Doesn't DOJ and FBI already track statistics for this sort of thing? I know! We'll define gun ownership as a DISEASE and we'll use HIPPA to have the doctors report all diagnoses to the fuzz for weapons removal and seizure so that they can do a more complete background check!

15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
    Lets tell the free market and private/public companies what they can or can't do/sell...

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
    Affordable Care Act also does not prevent me from telling my doctor to sit on it and rotate either....

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
    Like a kid in the lobby making an imaginary gun with his thumb and finger. We can suspend them from school AND the hospital now at the same time!

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
    Like not having kids/teachers killed? Naw....gotta have someone to tackle the kid with the imaginary gun...

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
    Yeah, can't have something unless the gov't tells you that you can have it...

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
    Like Gun Ownership! It's a mental health disease!

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
    If you have that disease of gun ownership, then you have no benefits!

22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
    All must pass the mental health checks. If you do not have the proper thoughts, then you are a non-person!

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
    Yes, because a conversation or meeting MUST be dictated by Executive Order! How bad is it in his cabinet if he has to use an Executive Order to get them to talk to each other?

[We really ought to consolidate the threads on this one.....]

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    ththconnie_pizza-1.gif

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    What just happened is that the world's biggest and best gun salesman just put a 50 to 75 per cent off sale on all ARs and other black rifles and stuck his tongue out at those who dropped more than 20 bucks on a 12 dollar P Mag.

No problem with most of his list. Congress won't pass an AWB.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Anyone notice how "gun control" has been rebranded "gun violence?"

I mean who can disagree with that?

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    Obama will not get anything through congress. You have to remember there is an election in 2014. There are seven dem senators from gun states up for reelection.

Democratic Sens. Mark Begich (Alaska), Mark Pryor (Ark.), Max Baucus (Mont.), Tim Johnson (S.D.), Mark Udall (Colo.), Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.) and Kay Hagan (N.C.).

These Senators will not(SHOOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT.)

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

This is the one that concerns me the most at first glance. They could push the limits of who should be prohibited to include people who are absolutely no risk. Ever had a run-in with the law? Talked to a therapist? Belonged to an eeeevil group like the NRA? Or simply have the same name as a wanted individual?

I know, tin-foil hat time. Let me ask you this: how many people are on the "no-fly" list that don't belong there and can't get off of it?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The EO's do very little, but there is potential for abuse. For instance, who decides what constitutes a proper person, and who is allowed to own a firearm? For all we know, they could very well say "You were have traffic tickets, therefore you are not allowed to own a firearm." That part of it could be sticky.

Congress is our next focal point. There is absolutely NO reason why you should not all be contacting your representative right now. Link in my sig.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    What just happened is that the world's biggest and best gun salesman just put a 50 to 75 per cent off sale on all ARs and other black rifles and stuck his tongue out at those who dropped more than 20 bucks on a 12 dollar P Mag.

I think your a little pre-mature on that prediction. After 3+ months of inaction by Congress then this will happen.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    Join the 2nd Amendment organization of your choosing. If they can't get votes there will be no ban. Obama can't get this done in my opinion.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For all we know, they could very well say "You were have traffic tickets, therefore you are not allowed to own a firearm." That part of it could be sticky.

Just like he couldn't create or modify existing laws with an EO, he can't do that either. Relax and stop borrowing trouble.

How many posts on this forum about the EO banning all weapons or magazines, and then it doesn't happen, but instead of just admitting it we have to look for the most nefarious possible outcome based on...what?

He's not acting like a dictator. He's stayed within his authority as the head of the Executive Branch. He's asking for additional action from Congress, which almost certainly won't happen thanks to friendly Democrats and a Republican majority in the house.

Seriously guys, dial it back a bit. Repeat after me: The sky is not falling. I do not live in a dictatorship or evil empire. Got it? Good, not followup by continuing to contact your Congress critters with calm, rational, and intelligent communications about your opposition to the President's proposals for Congress.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Not sufficient emphasis on why we breed so many killers in our nation. Not surprising as it does not fit the agenda.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Man I hope you're wrong, I was thinking of taking my wasr yugo ak47 to the 1500 this weekend and seeing if some [STRIKE]idiot[/STRIKE] concerned citizen would give me $1500 for the rifle and another $500 for 300 loose rounds.:rockwoot:

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Implementation is the key... he doesn't want a big reaction. The real abuse will occur behind closed doors, where we can't see what damage is being done

Top Bottom