So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I finished a bunch of 12 guage loads for skeet and sporting clays. Started loading some 28 gauge shells now.

Going to a buddy's house this weekend to help him set up .308 dies. He never loaded rifle cases before. Bringing some tools to uniform primer pockets, deburr flashholes, and determine his rifle's chamber length. Should be fun.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Do you find that sizing and swaging is harder to do on the nickel plated brass than regular brass?
    Sizing absolutely. Just a bit harder to size and needs more lube a little more regularly than brass but not terrible. I picked up a Lee APP with the swage kit to go thru all of them. With that press they all seem about the same to swage. I was able to size them all in one night and swage them the next day in one night as well. Spray lube is your friend.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Not reloading this weekend. Came up north to the cabin to make empty brass and noise. Rain, ice, sleet, snow and now rain and wind. Ahhhh,spring in northern Michigan! Looks like I'll be cutting my way to the road tomorrow instead of shooting.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    So, here is the lowdown on what Dillon Precision told when I called them on May 1st. I wasn't going to say anything, but I figured it might help someone if they had "plans." Like, try plan B.

The stock status/shipping dates of reloading dies listed on the webpage is NOT accurate.

I ordered 9mm dies in May of 2022 and they are "hoping" to be caught up this year. If you are looking for dies from them be prepared to wait a very significant amount of time. I'm hoping to see them by Christmas. :wallbash:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    View attachment 266091
    69 grain RMR hpbt over Shooters World AR Plus. Just casting a wide net now and seeing what groups look like.
    I have been loading 223, 308, 300WM and 50bmg with pulldown powder for 30 plus years.
    Im down to under 16lb in the two 5.56 powders I have. It will be gone before fall.
    This summer the plan is to start working up loads in 223 with AR Plus, Tactical and Match Rifle. I have a few 8lb'ers of each that I picked up from Brian in the last year or so. I'm hoping one or two of them work for M855, 69, 75 and 77 grainers.
    Been running 9mm in a 650 for a few hours each day.

Thanks Brian!!!

Please post your loads and results.
    Creedmoor.

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    So, here is the lowdown on what Dillon Precision told when I called them on May 1st. I wasn't going to say anything, but I figured it might help someone if they had "plans." Like, try plan B.

The stock status/shipping dates of reloading dies listed on the webpage is NOT accurate.

I ordered 9mm dies in May of 2022 and they are "hoping" to be caught up this year. If you are looking for dies from them be prepared to wait a very significant amount of time. I'm hoping to see them by Christmas. :wallbash:
    I'd tell them to go pound sand.

Top Bottom