So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm about to load some more 30-06 for my M1. Would like to try IMR 4166 and Accurate 4064 for casual plinking. I haven't settled on a pet load for the gun, and it seems prudent in these days of pricey/scarce powders to maybe have a 2nd or 3rd choice in case your primary is not available.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Loading 12 gauge shotshells. Just finished 500 rounds of 1 oz loads with 8 shot. I wanted lo load up all those 1oz wads. I switched bars and now I'm loading 1 1/8 oz of 7 1/2 shot. There is a bunny shoot coming up next month; sportinig clays course with all rabbit targets. Those 1 1/8 oz of 7 1/2s should work just fine for those bunnies.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    6mm ARC 90gr ELD-X over LeverEvolution for my buddy's 22" Unitah upper
    223 69 grain RMR over SW AR Plus for my ARP 18" "SPR" build

Still trying to dial in my 9mm 124 JHP over CFE Pistol for progressive loading.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    44 Special and mag black powder rounds.

I have not done any black powder cartridge reloading yet but would like to. I have a booklet written by Mike Venturino and Steve Garbe on BP cartridge loading. Sounds straight forward if all you need to do is fill the case up to the base of the bullet. I read not to use plastic hoppers and use a brass drop tube but perhaps that is just for competition? There's a bunch of real black and the imitation stuff around here for my muzzleloaders. Thinking of trying it in 45-70 for my Pedersoli rolling block also. Not sure how to measure powder volume with the shotgun though.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Reloading some oddball stuff because I'm an oddball. Not always concerned about immaculate brass but they cleaned up nicely overnight in corn cob media and case cleaner. Boxes are from 1946 so they probably sat in someone's basement for 70 years.

clean 25-20.jpg

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I have not done any black powder cartridge reloading yet but would like to. I have a booklet written by Mike Venturino and Steve Garbe on BP cartridge loading. Sounds straight forward if all you need to do is fill the case up to the base of the bullet. I read not to use plastic hoppers and use a brass drop tube but perhaps that is just for competition? There's a bunch of real black and the imitation stuff around here for my muzzleloaders. Thinking of trying it in 45-70 for my Pedersoli rolling block also. Not sure how to measure powder volume with the shotgun though.
    I use the Lee dipper set.

Top Bottom