So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Got done with the 45/120's, got the dillon 1050 running 9mm, 45 long colt on one of the 550's i leave set up for large primer, 223 on the other 550, and got heat going in my shop too!!!!!!!! in a couple weeks will be doing 6.5 creed moor and 30-06

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Getting the .41 Mag 297 grain bore riders ready for velocities' tests. The forward cylindrical portion is a perfect match fit for the bore diameter and the entrance into the rifling comes right to the first .410 diameter band in front of the case mouth.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Loaded my first .44 Magnum rounds this morning! I plan to work up half a grain at a time from minimum to maximum loads for HP-38, Titegroup, Win 296, and IMR 4227. Those are all the powders I have on hand at the moment. Would like to also try Unique, Lil Gun, and 2400.

One odd thing I found was a seemingly undersized primer pocket on a piece of Federal brass. The primer simply would NOT seat. I've removed military crimps from 1,000s of 30-06, is this a thing for .44 Mag? Or possibly just an out of spec primer pocket?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Loaded my first .44 Magnum rounds this morning! I plan to work up half a grain at a time from minimum to maximum loads for HP-38, Titegroup, Win 296, and IMR 4227. Those are all the powders I have on hand at the moment. Would like to also try Unique, Lil Gun, and 2400.

One odd thing I found was a seemingly undersized primer pocket on a piece of Federal brass. The primer simply would NOT seat. I've removed military crimps from 1,000s of 30-06, is this a thing for .44 Mag? Or possibly just an out of spec primer pocket?
    I've had the top of primers tear off leaving the sides in the primer pocket. check it to see if that has happened

Loganwildman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    Logansport
    I’m a little envious of some of the numbers you folks are posting up as I slug along with my single stage,lol.

I’m loading 9mm, 125 TC Blue Bullets over 3.8 gr TG. 500 loaded so far with another 250 to go. In January I’m expecting 3600 more bullets and 5000 primers. I should have no supply interruptions between now and then. If I do finish out my Blue’s, I have FMJ 115 and some 124 Gold Dots I can work on.
    We started loading Rifle on 2 single station presses. Talk about slooooooow. When I first got into reloading, I bought a Lee turret press and cranked alot of ammo with it. Then I started competing and couldn't keep up with the turret press and bought a Load master when they first came out. I cranked out alot of ammo with it also, but sent it back to Lee a couple times before selling it. Hopefully they have improved that press because the first gen was problematic!
    Then I sold all my reloading stuff when I got into truck pulling, then got out of pulling 7 years later and decided to buy a good press, so I bought a Dillon XL650 with the case feed. What a game changer. Now I can load 300 to 500 rounds an hour at an easy pace.
    Over the years since that purchase I now have quick change conversion setup's for 6 calibers.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I cleaned over 600 556. Going to resize, deprime, primer pocket swag, trim, and start reloading using 75gr Federal FMJ bullets.
    Working on several thousand 5.56 now. All cleaned, sized and deprimed. Got out the calipers and weeded out the long ones. Trimming them now, about a thousand. Then I'll start on the primer pockets. When that's done I'll load them all up. Good winter project until the ice is thick enough to fish on.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Working on several thousand 5.56 now. All cleaned, sized and deprimed. Got out the calipers and weeded out the long ones. Trimming them now, about a thousand. Then I'll start on the primer pockets. When that's done I'll load them all up. Good winter project until the ice is thick enough to fish on.
    I was able to get 200 cases sized/deprimed tonight. This may take longer than I intended. Just didn't have much time today.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Yesterday I loaded another 100 rnds of 45 acp.
    I keep my reloads, all same powder and bullet weight....in a 50 cal ammo can. About dislocated my shoulder when I picked it up.
    Put it on the scales...53#!!!!

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Just finished loading 65 rounds of 44mag reduced loads for pleasant paper punching. Also loaded 100 rounds of 357 magnum in a loading I found most accurate In my Marlin Lever gun. Will be testing them in various handguns to see which ones it shoots the best in. Hopefully it will be my Ruger Blackhawk!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Dropped the Loadmaster indexing rod on the floor, and it hit just right - snapped off one of the plastic wings on the end. Now I have to wait until a new one arrives before I can again "waste time reloading 9 mm." Might be time to load more .308 deer rounds on the turret press.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dropped the Loadmaster indexing rod on the floor, and it hit just right - snapped off one of the plastic wings on the end. Now I have to wait until a new one arrives before I can again "waste time reloading 9 mm." Might be time to load more .308 deer rounds on the turret press.
    That is bad luck indeed. Hopefully your part come in soon

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Some 10mm here also, 10 grains Bluedot with 180 Xtreme bullet
    gonna test out my new Glock 40 MOS. Got my Vortex Venom mounted on it, finish sighting in. Will have to get my Colt Delta Elite out too so it don't feel slighted lol

Top Bottom