So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Actually Ill be weight tunong arrows for my Blackwidow recurve.

Boolits LOL

Got a Dillon Square Deal B on strong mount that needs cleaned up. Estate deal, been sitting a while. Lubes kinda gummed.

I dont shoot .380 but it is kinda neat. Not gonna shoot enough 44 or .357 mag to justify a conversion, but ill clean it and ......

Could use that to claim I need another 629 LOL

Last edited:

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Need to convert some more 308 brass into 375 Raptor brass and load up the last of my 270gr Speer bullets.
    Also working up a subsonic round-ball load. Using 375 muzzle-loader round balls and Trailboss. Currently using large pistol primers for these. I want to get some large rifle magnum primers and see if I can drop the powder charge even farther and still get reliable/safe ignition.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Loading Hoosier Bullet Company .45 ACP 230 gn ball with shooters world clean shot powder. I believe I'm at 5.0gn of powder and it appears fine.

Going to work up Hornady SST 165 gn .308 for deer this year.

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    Reformed 150 6.5 Grendel brass to 6mm arc, trimmed them(really wished I had an electric trimmer) annealed them, and loaded about 50 to fireform them. As a side note, in 6 arc brass I did a ladder test with leverevolution and found with 28.9 grains, a Berger 95 grain vld cci 400 primes and oal of 2.35 I got a SD of 8 and ES of 18. This was with 5 rounds. When I saw that SD I got a big grin on my face. I took that charge and did a seating depth test starting with 2.39 going down in .005 increments. the only ones that showed promise were at 2.28 and 2.285, these were three shot groups. I goofed on one load and it was at 2.25 oal so to round out the batch of 20 I made a second one at 2.25. when I shot the 2.25 I thought I was way off on the second shot. They were overlapped by half a bullet hole. I was blown away. They showed very light ejector swipes but the primer was still rounded. I will have to load up more just to see if that was a fluke thing. All testing was done at 100 yards.

Lucas45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2022
    Indianapolis
    While I was following the returns last night I occupied my time fruitfully by prepping some 308 brass for my cousin who is working on a few loads for his Model 70.

And I prepped the brass from my last shoot with the Henry 44mag. After 7 loads with 4 different powders I think I have a good enough load using 19.3 grains of Lil'Gun with a 225 FTX Hornady bullet. I am kind of hoping to do my first deer hunt using it.

The last few months have really gotten me in to reloading. I have reloaded more ammo in the last few months then I have for the last 6 years! I am really enjoying doing it more for some reason.

So what are you reloading at the moment? Please share.
    Havnt figured that out but this helps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    Still working on 223s. Got 950 of 1500 done. Should go faster now that I bought a Lee pro 1000 from another member here on ingo. I have it all dialed in and its runs great. Alot faster than the Classic turret press. The 223 press is the one in the lower right. IMG_6393 (1).jpg

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Cleaning up a bucket of mixed 9mm and 5.56. I cleaned up a range after a few alphabet groups shot. Been cleaning brass I don't even need for over a week.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    .357 mag 158g XTP. New Starline brass Federal small magnum match primer. Got em primed and flaired. Haven't decided on the powder yet probably going with H110 just for fun

Top Bottom