So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Still working on 5.56x45mm.
    Using 75gr Speer TMJ.
    I ran out of 8208XBR so starting on Winchester 748 and working up to find a good accurate load with it.

I love reloading its a great hobby.

BrassBandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Brownsburg
    When I started reloading I was using, what I now know was a picky barrel, a Ballistic Advantage Premium 18” on an AR. Once I got a White Oak 18” to replace that barrel, I realized my months of reloading frustration shouldn’t have been that hard. Also have a 16” Rainier Arms Select that shoots a wide variety of loads well. Long story short, with a few different barrels I’ve found this recipe to be pretty consistent, a bit slower than I’d like (~2650 fps) as people said 23.3-23.6 gr works great for more of an MK262 clone, but I started to show pressure signs in that range on a couple barrels with the same or worse accuracy, so decided not to push it. I’m by no means an expert Reloader, but usually see .6-.9 MOA with this load out of the above two barrels.

LC Brass
    Sierra 77gr
    22.8gr of 8208 XBR
    Winchester Small Rifle Primers
    Coal 2.255/Ogive 1.866

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note. If you are a reloader and have the alcohol lanolin case lube spray bottle, you can use it to recondition leather work gloves.

I had some that got wet and got dry and crunchy. I put them on and sprayed them down with the case lube spray. Worked like a charm. They are now as soft and supple as @printcraft 's butt. :lmfao:

Top Bottom