So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    Sent my first 20 homemade 7.62 NATO... M1A on one of those Lead-Sleds.... They were all dingers. :)
    A little over 100 yards.
    st2.jpg

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im loading VERY carefully some 9mm I had to pull down due to a bad batch that had some squibs and mouse farts.I noticed a hairline crack on my press arm.

It opens up when I bottom out the press. Here is the kicker: I cant order the warranty part online from Lee because they dont want to hassle with collecting IN sales tax. WTF? THE PART IS FREE!!! NO TAX WILL BE DUE! I'm sure its lazy programming on the shopping software.

When you try to order, they say "hey, we dont want the hassle, so contact these resellers" Except they'll charge me for the part that should be free!!! And the one place that had them "in stock" said delivery in 3-6 weeks!

So I'll call them Monday and try to straighten it out over the phone.

In the meantime, I put a worm gear clamp around it to relive SOME stress on the arm.

reload45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    While I was following the returns last night I occupied my time fruitfully by prepping some 308 brass for my cousin who is working on a few loads for his Model 70.

And I prepped the brass from my last shoot with the Henry 44mag. After 7 loads with 4 different powders I think I have a good enough load using 19.3 grains of Lil'Gun with a 225 FTX Hornady bullet. I am kind of hoping to do my first deer hunt using it.

The last few months have really gotten me in to reloading. I have reloaded more ammo in the last few months then I have for the last 6 years! I am really enjoying doing it more for some reason.

So what are you reloading at the moment? Please share.
    My uncle in Tennessee sent me a cz82 pistol in 9mm Makarov. I have 2 cz 9mm pistols that shoot so well. Know the Makarov has larger diameter bullet. Read some posts about trimming 9mm lugar brass 1mm to 18mm length. Bought 9mm Makarov dies from Lee{only Makarov dies I could find.} shot the reloads using Unique powder and 95gr lead round nose bullets from Missouri Bullet Co last week. Great accuracy,no stove pipe jams,and mellow round to shoot. Probably will not shoot as much as my other pistols,but was an interesting experience. Been reloading for handguns about 45yrs,but can always learn something new.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im loading VERY carefully some 9mm I had to pull down due to a bad batch that had some squibs and mouse farts.I noticed a hairline crack on my press arm.

It opens up when I bottom out the press. Here is the kicker: I cant order the warranty part online from Lee because they dont want to hassle with collecting IN sales tax. WTF? THE PART IS FREE!!! NO TAX WILL BE DUE! I'm sure its lazy programming on the shopping software.

When you try to order, they say "hey, we dont want the hassle, so contact these resellers" Except they'll charge me for the part that should be free!!! And the one place that had them "in stock" said delivery in 3-6 weeks!

So I'll call them Monday and try to straighten it out over the phone.

In the meantime, I put a worm gear clamp around it to relive SOME stress on the arm.
    Talked to Mary (?) this AM. After a little confusion (she too told me to contact resellers at first), she told me to email them a picture of the damage and they'd ship out a replacement. No email on the website, but I did figure out how to use their helpdesk ticketing system.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Package arrived today with several boxes of 90 gr .355 XTP, so imagine I'll probably be getting to these in the near future. Not really sure why, I've shot no more than 50 of these all year due to too much pain in my billfold.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Here's the fruit of my last couple weeks of work...

• 300 rounds of 9mm (200 115gr FMJ and 100 coated LRN 115g)
    • 200 rounds of 45 ACP (230 gr LRN, SPP cases)
    • 150 rounds of .45 Long Colt (255gr LFP that I cast myself, coated with liquid Alox)
    • 60 rounds of .45-70 Govt (300gr RNFP with FFg blackpowder and RS Pyrodex for a Trapdoor Springfield)
    • 50 rounds of .577 Snider (using a mix of .58 Minie and .58 round ball over 70gr of FFg).
    Did all that on a pair of single stage presses. Whew, I need a turret or a progressive, at least for the 9mm and .45 ACP

AM-JKLUbHHg4kuAy7auuA9FKwnzddo1rWkR-DMjt3ca3jxB_Z-WuFcr3PLThsez0TvQduvtYxWOj4mqfl2fn4rJ92LQ4P7MsAvP6ZcwjP8JBIqKg4ncfSfgnkcDlivzo26-TsRPUJU4WMxqVK3ovzwox8U-Z_w=w1920-h926-no

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Got a bit of a collection of hollow base molds around here that are listed as .445, .450 and .454 diameter. Need to find out what they really are, casting with each one to record the actual as cast diameters and weights. Thinking about perhaps getting a barrel to use as many of the minies as could be made to work, patched round ball and also various .45 caliber hand gun molds. But even if I don't get the new barrel for a half stock percussion rifle I want to figure out how many of the various hollow base bullets can be used in the NEF break over .45 Colt, whether as for a breech loaded carbine or an in-line.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here's the fruit of my last couple weeks of work...

• 300 rounds of 9mm (200 115gr FMJ and 100 coated LRN 115g)
    • 200 rounds of 45 ACP (230 gr LRN, SPP cases)
    • 150 rounds of .45 Long Colt (255gr LFP that I cast myself, coated with liquid Alox)
    • 60 rounds of .45-70 Govt (300gr RNFP with FFg blackpowder and RS Pyrodex for a Trapdoor Springfield)
    • 50 rounds of .577 Snider (using a mix of .58 Minie and .58 round ball over 70gr of FFg).
    Did all that on a pair of single stage presses. Whew, I need a turret or a progressive, at least for the 9mm and .45 ACP

AM-JKLUbHHg4kuAy7auuA9FKwnzddo1rWkR-DMjt3ca3jxB_Z-WuFcr3PLThsez0TvQduvtYxWOj4mqfl2fn4rJ92LQ4P7MsAvP6ZcwjP8JBIqKg4ncfSfgnkcDlivzo26-TsRPUJU4WMxqVK3ovzwox8U-Z_w=w1920-h926-no
    I’m still on a single stage. I doubt I’ll switch as I like my system of having a lot of redundancy in my process which I would lose with a progressive. As long as I’m disciplined to invest a little chunk of time most days I can keep up with my consumption. Plus, I shoot less in the winter, have fewer household chores so I can really get ahead. If I hadn’t run out of primers I would have had enough loaded to last all season. As it stands for me now, I have enough to last a couple more months.

I am priming cases right now, 200 or so every evening. Once I get 1000 or so primed I’ll load those up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I had to actually set up my 9mm dies. I had dies and components stockpiled for rainy days (and it's storming...) but usually I don't bother with 9mm since the work to price ratio was pretty low compared to revolver cartridges. Loaded up about 200 124 gr Xtreme plated over 6.2gr of Accurate #5. I'll see how the Glock 43X MOS likes them tomorrow.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had to actually set up my 9mm dies. I had dies and components stockpiled for rainy days (and it's storming...) but usually I don't bother with 9mm since the work to price ratio was pretty low compared to revolver cartridges. Loaded up about 200 124 gr Xtreme plated over 6.2gr of Accurate #5. I'll see how the Glock 43X MOS likes them tomorrow.
    Yeah, I was buying for a while when you could get 1000 rounds for around $330 or so. But I have been reloading again since last summer. Fortunately all of my components are at pre-covid prices so I'm at about $0.11/round.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Lucked into a nice set of blocks for .500" hollow base. The mold is from a manufacturer (Challenger ?) out of business for several years and is missing the sprue plate and a couple of set screws, all easily remedied. That company used handles and attachment screws slightly different from other companies but got that covered too. Looking forwards to trying it out in the scary black rifle.
    Deerhunter.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

attachment.php

Liked them just fine, but I did fine out a Holosun adjustment tool is too thick to adjust a Swampfox optic...

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    My new decapping pins came in for the 300blk so I'm going to start getting brass resized prepped and primed to get ready for the bullets I have coming in a few days. Going to load up some hot .44mag loads for the vaquero. Need to pick up a 38/357 die set and start cranking some of them out too I've run out of the 500rds of 38 I was given and now I can't afford to shoot my ubertis.

Top Bottom