• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    So proud of my son, will turn 19 Monday, and for his birthday we asked him what he wanted, he said "A 1911 in 9mm" I know purists will hurl, but he likes 9mm, and I'm proud that he loves history enough to appreciate JMB's designs. We found an RIA full size at The Gun Store, here in Jeffersonville, for $399...sold! Can't wait to shoot it, but with ammo prices, will have to limit rounds down range....

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    So proud of my son, will turn 19 Monday, and for his birthday we asked him what he wanted, he said "A 1911 in 9mm" I know purists will hurl, but he likes 9mm, and I'm proud that he loves history enough to appreciate JMB's designs. We found an RIA full size at The Gun Store, here in Jeffersonville, for $399...sold! Can't wait to shoot it, but with ammo prices, will have to limit rounds down range....
    Congratulations! Sounds like a good kid.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you love your son? Get him a .45 or even better, a glock.... pat him on the back and say “it for your own good.” Lol, j/k

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    He's not into Glocks, I started him out with an M&P they fit hands better, plus 1911.....He wants a .45 too, he only makes so much money..... give him a break, he's starting slowly.....

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can confirm RIA has great customer service. Had to return my Rock Ultra FS 10MM thumb safety was not right. They fitted a new one in and returned it to me in 14 days.

45acp in a FS 1911 doesn't have much recoil I doubt he would notice much difference between 9mm and 45acp in a 1911 platform.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Wonderful! Nothing wrong at all with a 1911 in 9mm! Very encouraging to hear of a young man that appreciates the history of John Browning and the 1911.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Good on ya dad, my youngest daughter just had her first child almost three weeks ago, you know the proud GRANDPA will insure she has a lil something something to carry when she is able too.
    It might be a while and by then it will be lasers and tasers, or nothing at all, but she will be ready.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    He's not into Glocks, I started him out with an M&P they fit hands better, plus 1911.....He wants a .45 too, he only makes so much money..... give him a break, he's starting slowly.....
    Congrats, sounds like you got him started on his own journey properly informed. I've seen that happen lately with my son also. He's a little older, been married a few years and is really starting to realize how important it is to protect the most important thing of all...your family! He's got my support 100% and my good advice, but he can make his own decisions which I respect.

Keep up the good work, Dad!

Top Bottom