• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    **** that....got no time!

Nah...let them grow long enough and a Buck 110 can do it.
    I've been nicking the same damn spot on my chin the past several days, no matter how careful I am. It's kind of like biting the inside of your cheek. The little spot swells up and you keep biting it. I'd take a couple days off from shaving but stubble drives me nuts.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've been nicking the same damn spot on my chin the past several days, no matter how careful I am. It's kind of like biting the inside of your cheek. The little spot swells up and you keep biting it. I'd take a couple days off from shaving but stubble drives me nuts.

Buck 110 will take care of that too!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Stores should simply close up operations in cities until things change. Food deserts, personal hygiene item deserts, snowblower deserts, etc. NYC should look like Escape from New York, which was filmed in St. Louis.
    Didn't Baltimore Boston city counsel sue or threaten to sue Walgreens for closing a store do to crime?

City is threatening to use code to punish. Imagine that.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yup. Becoming very common in blue cities that don't prosecute retail theft. Target lost something like $400 mil this year to theft.
    Most large retailers have a minimum amount they won't prosecute for. Something like $100 and under they won't call police for. Most EVERY loss prevention department has a "no chase" or even no "hands on" policy when it come to stopping shoplifters. Some blame MIGHT fall on liberal CJ policies. However, true motivation starts and stops with the all mighty $$$$. It costs more to prosecute the shoplifters than the products they took. They also don't want to pay for the injuries that occur from chasing/fighting shoplifters. So, instead to doing all of that, they elect to lock up the easiest/popular products, to cut down costs. Larger populations centers will have more thieves. Less dense populations will have fewer. Could there be a connection to liberal policies? Sure, but it's likely quite a tenuous connection.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Most large retailers have a minimum amount they won't prosecute for. Something like $100 and under they won't call police for. Most EVERY loss prevention department has a "no chase" or even no "hands on" policy when it come to stopping shoplifters. Some blame MIGHT fall on liberal CJ policies. However, true motivation starts and stops with the all mighty $$$$. It costs more to prosecute the shoplifters than the products they took. They also don't want to pay for the injuries that occur from chasing/fighting shoplifters. So, instead to doing all of that, they elect to lock up the easiest/popular products, to cut down costs. Larger populations centers will have more thieves. Less dense populations will have fewer. Could there be a connection to liberal policies? Sure, but it's likely quite a tenuous connection.
    The company doesn't prosecute shoplifters, the city/county/state does. It doesn't cost the company anything except a phone call and maybe minimal expenses in supplying evidence.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The Walmart close to my work in SE Fort Wayne keeps all baby formula stored in a locked dressing room. At one time they kept baby food in there as well.

I have heard rumblings they are actually thinking of closing this store due to so much product walking out the door without paying for it.
    I know that both Muncie and Andersons Walmarts have between one and 2 million each in shrink each year.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The company doesn't prosecute shoplifters, the city/county/state does. It doesn't cost the company anything except a phone call and maybe minimal expenses in supplying evidence.
    Well, kind of. If the Victim doesn't want to prosecute, there is no prosecution. Victim cooperation is pretty universally needed. Loss prevention employees are required to complete the Probable Cause and submit it to the Prosecutor. Then they are required to attend court, at the expense of the employer. When you consider some stores may catch 3-5 shoplifters a DAY with a LP office of just 2, you can imagine how much time they would end up spending in court, continuance after countenance, until a plea or a trial (in the next year). They could easily spend 1/2 of their shift in court for EACH case x's hundreds of cases a year = significant time away from their office. Retailers prefer they stop the shoplifter, recover the property, and trespass them from their store, without ever calling 911 or just locking up frequently stolen items so they prevent the theft all together.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well, kind of. If the Victim doesn't want to prosecute, there is no prosecution. Victim cooperation is pretty universally needed. Loss prevention employees are required to complete the Probable Cause and submit it to the Prosecutor. Then they are required to attend court, at the expense of the employer. When you consider some stores may catch 3-5 shoplifters a DAY with a LP office of just 2, you can imagine how much time they would end up spending in court, continuance after countenance, until a plea or a trial (in the next year). They could easily spend 1/2 of their shift in court for EACH case x's hundreds of cases a year = significant time away from their office. Retailers prefer they stop the shoplifter, recover the property, and trespass them from their store, without ever calling 911 or just locking up frequently stolen items so they prevent the theft all together.
    $400 mil a year pays for that. Theft will decline dramatically when word gets out they don't let you go anymore.

Unfortunately we are forbidden from solving the problem permanently on the spot.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    $400 mil a year pays for that. Theft will decline dramatically when word gets out they don't let you go anymore.

Unfortunately we are forbidden from solving the problem permanently on the spot.
    Meh, convince the bean counters, it's their job to figure that stuff out, not mine. How they run their business ranks low on my list of concerns.

Top Bottom