• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Warning, this may get lengthy. I ordered a pistol from an out of state dealer last week (2/18). It shipped the following day via 2 Day Priority Mail. It was originally scheduled for Saturday delivery, but due to the snow, it was pushed back to a Tuesday delivery. On Tuesday (2/24) it was scanned as "out for delivery" around roughly 7AM. It never was delivered to my in state FFL, and instead the status was updated to "delivery status not updated" exactly 14 hours later. So I called the local post office, and after getting a busy signal multiple times, I finally got a hold of someone. I explained what was going on, and she told me the driver on that route didn't have it on her truck yesterday (2/24), and she wasn't sure if she'd had it on her truck when she left today (2/25). She told me she would look into it and call me back. This was around 8AM. Come noon, I still hadn't heard anything, so I decided to call the 800 number for USPS. The lady wasn't anymore help, apart from starting a case number. At 5PM I still hadn't heard anything, so I called the local post office and spoke with the same lady. She told me she didn't have it on her truck again today. She said that it may have ended up on another truck, but (and this is where it gets weird) the drivers aren't allowed to return to the post office with anything, so the driver may have just put it in a drop box somewhere, and that it may just "show up" in a day or two. Obviously, that frustrates the hell out of me, so I just got off the phone.

So what say you, fellow INGOers? What should I be doing here? I've never had anything like this happen before. Obviously the gun isn't legally mine, so I'm not in any legal trouble, but I still would like to have it. As it currently sits, it has been 8 days since the gun shipped via 2 Day Priority mail. It currently shows the same "delivery status not updated" message on the tracking website, but it was definitely in Greenwood at some point.

Last edited:

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    The wife had a package shipped to her via USPS two weeks ago. Online status said "Delivered", but no package. She called the PO a few times over a few days and was finally told she could file a police report. The next day the package was on our doorstep. Gotta love USPS tracking.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    numerous times UPS has left boxes on my doorstep meant for my neighbor.
    once when I did UPS's job for them and delivered it to the correct address,
    I was informed that the package contained a pretty nice, expensive item.
    there are plenty of dirtbag P'sOS out there that'll just open it and keep it
    (whatever it is) and unfortunately I'm sure this happens all too often

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    It still has a chance to get there. One of the guys on arfcom shipped his suppressor from Georgia to Florida for repairs. On its way back, it was shipped 2-day Priority and it took nearly 3 weeks to get to him. In the mean time it made stops in Puerto Rico and Mexico... if they only knew what was in the box, they would have flipped and he prob would have never seen it again.

JT1968

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Aurora
    I feel your pain. USPS lost a handgun that was being shipped to my dealer I had bought on gunbroker. They kept saying it was delievered, and maybe it was but not to my dealer. Finally, after enough phone calls and making a stink, it showed up. It was 5 days after they said it was "delievered. Also, when I owned a paintball store in the early 2000's the USPS lost a very expensive paintball gun I shipped to Chicago for repairs. It was a customers so I insured it. They lost it. No problem, I thought, it's insured. That was a mess as well. They finally paid up the $800.00 but it took 5 months and a lot of me badgering them. I can't begin to tell you how unhappy my customer was......

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    This no help or comfort, but 2 of the last 3 packages sent to me (all INGO deals) just never arrived. Just lost. Likely sent to a collection facility where all the "lost" things get sent to... Getting a resolution from USPS is more time and effort then closing a deal in the first place...

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Better yet, CAN I even file a police report? It isn't technically mine, as I never had it transferred to me. Could/should I just get my money back from the seller and move on?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You can also call the local ATF branch and alert them that there's another "lost" firearm. They kind of like to know these things.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Well I'll be damned; USPS didn't lose my box. I called my local FFL and asked if they had my transfer, but expecting them to say no. To my surprise, he says he has it, and thinks it has been here a few days. Turns out, the shipper shipped it under their online store's name as opposed to their storefront's name. They also failed to put my name on the box. And then to compound the issue, the USPS driver never scanned the package as being delivered. Apparently, the driver would rather lie and say they never had the box instead of telling the truth and admitting that they just forgot to scan it as delivered.

So I will be going in there tonight to verify it is actually mine, but it appears to have worked itself out. Now, do I tell the post office or continue to let them search for this box? :)

I think after I pick it up, I will go to the post office and speak with the supervisor and explain my situation. Maybe, just maybe, they may learn something. Purple where needed.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I've had several times the post office tracking says a package has been delivered when in fact is was not. Instead, i found the tan attempted delivery paper in the mailbox and had to pick it up there. The tracking isn't very reliable.

Top Bottom