• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Within the Great State of Indiana: there is no requirement to go through an FFL.

With that said, LET THE BUYER BEWARE seems like good advice.

INGO classifieds: kind of like newspaper ads with a lot of rules. We facilitate private sales, with a lot of rules.

Did I mention, we have a lot of rules?

Stay within the rules of INGO and State/Federal law, and what ya'll do is ya'll's business.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    too bad purchasing for another is a straw purchase. Another forum I frequent we do "shipping" between forum members. It's not uncommon for one member across the country to get it picked up and dropped off at another persons place to get brought on a load out to someone else. Entire cars have made it cross country that way along with random parts. Guns make that a bit more difficult even in the same state

In a private non FFL sale a "straw purchase" is legal. What makes it illegal at a FFL is lying on the 4473 that you are the actual purchaser. Now transporting it to a buyer out of state is the problem, it could be done but would have to be delivered to a FFL in their state where they would have to go and fill out a 4473 to take possession.

Long guns can be sent USPS by anyone, if in state it can be sent directly to the person, if out of state must go to a FFL. Handguns can be sent overnight through a contract carrier (fedex/ups/etc) by a non ffl with the same restrictions. FFLs can ship a handgun through USPS but they have to send it to another FFL. So you'd have to pay the shipping FFL and the receiving FFL for a transfer. Going that route it would probably just be cheaper to drive in most cases, even including the cost of gas unless your vehicle sucks fuel.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'm up in NWI, and have found several deals in my area... (well, within an hr or two) I have traveled as far as Indy. Bought some stuff off CM a couple times. Sold to him once too when he was passing through my AO... right near the end. RIP.

Then again, sometimes I see something I like, and when I look closer... Evansville, or Jeffersonville...

Top Bottom