• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    … that everything I want in the classies is literally 2-3 hours one way away from me. That distance has saved my money stash for next years racing season so many times.

It does make me sad that all y’all are literally at the ends of the state away and I can’t have a new toy. Pluses and minuses lol.

Who else has run into this problem?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I see stuff I'm interested in all the time. 90% of the time would be a minimum 6hr trip, and it makes it not worth my time. The other 10%, well I own most of those I was interested in :):
    Yeah there are a few items I don’t yet own. That hi power looks so tempting. But I don’t own any 9mm so now I’d have to go buy ammo. And a holster.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    … that everything I want in the classies is literally 2-3 hours one way away from me. That distance has saved my money stash for next years racing season so many times.

It does make me sad that all y’all are literally at the ends of the state away and I can’t have a new toy. Pluses and minuses lol.

Who else has run into this problem?

I basically live in the middle of the state and everything I want is either in Ft Wayne, south bend, or evansville. Probably a good thing. I have a problem saying no to a good deal!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I feel the same. Seems like a lot of stuff is in the northern part of the state or down by Louisville.

But I don't mind driving if it's for something not readily available like when I met a guy east of Muncie to buy a S&W 586. It was worth it. :)

But I have spent my career driving so it's not a big deal to me. I drive two hours total most Saturdays to have breakfast with friends. Well worth it.

I don't have long haul trucker miles under my belt, but I'm past 1.25 million miles driven

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I can see Kentucky from my house ( ok, it's close, but not that close) and it seems the good deals are ALWAYS north of Indy, or west of impossible-to-get-there-in-a-day.....Man.... I could use a teleporter.....

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Classified firearm purchases are off the table without major inconveniences now.
    Non firearm stuff would require electronic payment and shipping at minimum.
    I prepared before moving away and have plenty of the necessities, but from time to time, things pop up in the classifieds that I'd jump on in a minute if I were still a Hoosier.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Nwi.. everything I want is either in indy, or south, south, south. Timing is critical with my trips to lafayette, but always seems to be detrimental.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    too bad purchasing for another is a straw purchase. Another forum I frequent we do "shipping" between forum members. It's not uncommon for one member across the country to get it picked up and dropped off at another persons place to get brought on a load out to someone else. Entire cars have made it cross country that way along with random parts. Guns make that a bit more difficult even in the same state

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I can see Kentucky from my house ( ok, it's close, but not that close) and it seems the good deals are ALWAYS north of Indy, or west of impossible-to-get-there-in-a-day.....Man.... I could use a teleporter.....
    No need to retype it. Exactly the same for me.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    too bad purchasing for another is a straw purchase. Another forum I frequent we do "shipping" between forum members. It's not uncommon for one member across the country to get it picked up and dropped off at another persons place to get brought on a load out to someone else. Entire cars have made it cross country that way along with random parts. Guns make that a bit more difficult even in the same state
    Was thinking the same, but would it still be a straw purchase if you sent electronic payment and the traveling delivery chain got it to you?

Top Bottom