• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I’m looking for a little EDC fixed blade, probably about 4” blade (give or take an inch, depending on style). I’m not particular on sheath, handle material or “fanciness,” in fact I’d like to keep it to around $75-$100 (Which I know means no custom jobs.) Predominant use would be EDC tasks with a focus on bushcraft and survival.

-Full tang
    -Strikeable with a ferro rod (not a deal breaker)
    -Easier to sharpen

Dislikes:

-DEEP finger choils (did not like the fit of my EsKaBar, prefer a more uniform handle shape. A little contouring would be okay.)

That’s about it really. I don’t want anything really fancy, but I’d like something that’s not a $15 Walmart special. I just would prefer to spend my money locally from another member before I go online.

Something in the vein of a Condor Bushlore, various bushcrafts and Kepharts; ESEE, Ontario, TOPS, Condor, Cold Steel quality...

Thanks for the input!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm very happy with my ESSE knives. A 4" blade isn't exactly small. That's essentially what you'd get with an ESSE 3 (slightly smaller cutting edge).

The Izula or Izula II comes in with a 2.63" cutting length and OAL around 6.5".and makes an excellent neck knife or EDC.

I have an ESSE 4 for a dedicated camp knife. It does a lot of things well, from small tasks to batoning wood. I beat the living hell out of mine and it's held up very well.

ESSE 3 is right in the sweet spot where it's small enough to carry regularly and big enough to do a lot of the basic Bushcraft stuff if needed.

You can find them cheaper than these prices, but this shows the line up.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I had the EsKaBar, a collaboration between ESEE and Becker, that used a BK14 blade (pretty sure$ with an Izula handle and scales. I liked the blade size and shape and steel composition; I even stripped the black coating off and made it my own, but it he reason I moved it on was the shape of the handle. It had the deep choil and I just didn’t vibe with the shape of it.

I’d like something just a hair bigger and wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to the ESEE 3, but I’ve never had hands on one and am not sure if the handle is the better size and shape that I’m looking for.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Bush Knife by Jeff White​

Perfect for you ! I really like mine. (or they have a slightly smaller model)

i-9sgrLDL-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I had to request an "email notification" for my Jeff White knife. If I remember correctly, it took Pathfinder about a month before it became available.
    Glad that I waited ... it's a classic style, and will surely last the rest of my life (although I'm kinda old !). ;)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I love the esee izula ii enough to be able to say without shame I've 3 of them in three different places. The esee 3 & 4 are also great, but the izulla 2 is my favorite. I had an eskabar and I never really cared for it.

You may want to look for becker bk16 which is getting a little bit bigger for the size you're looking at.

Jeff Whites are awesome blades and honestly I prefer them over the esee's for the most part, but they aren't really small.

PKS series from Self Reliance Outfitters makes a few smaller knives that are pretty awesome too. I have the skinner and the kephart.

I was personally not a fan of the mora eldris, but you make like that.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    LT Wright bushcrafter HC. Its not a prybar, but I have used one of the three that I had in training. It held up. I gave two of them away to guys who seriously use them, and I got no bad feedback.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m looking for a little EDC fixed blade, probably about 4” blade (give or take an inch, depending on style). I’m not particular on sheath, handle material or “fanciness,” in fact I’d like to keep it to around $75-$100 (Which I know means no custom jobs.) Predominant use would be EDC tasks with a focus on bushcraft and survival.

-Full tang
    -Strikeable with a ferro rod (not a deal breaker)
    -Easier to sharpen

Dislikes:

-DEEP finger choils (did not like the fit of my EsKaBar, prefer a more uniform handle shape. A little contouring would be okay.)

That’s about it really. I don’t want anything really fancy, but I’d like something that’s not a $15 Walmart special. I just would prefer to spend my money locally from another member before I go online.

Something in the vein of a Condor Bushlore, various bushcrafts and Kepharts; ESEE, Ontario, TOPS, Condor, Cold Steel quality...

Thanks for the input!

This is at the top of your price range but it is a sold knife. .5" longer if that's a deal breaker. Also I'm not sure they are making these anymore.

Top Bottom