• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Found this gizmo online and it looks really interesting. Got mine today. It seemed to be a little overpriced at first, but once I got it in my hands, it seems to be really well built.

Cant wait to test it out in the spring when it gets warmer. (I'm a wuss with poor circulation)

iu

And I'm striving to do more bushcraft and camping this year. I've been patient waiting for the kids to get older, but the wife recently said she isnt interested in camping AT ALL (a popup camper is as low as she goes) . So screw 'em. I'm going without them!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’m triggered, that’s a scary black thing with a thing that goes up and a clip. Should probably be outlawed.

Seriously though, has there ever been an INGO campout/hike?

I go alone as well, wife has no interest.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m triggered, that’s a scary black thing with a thing that goes up and a clip. Should probably be outlawed.

Seriously though, has there ever been an INGO campout/hike?

I go alone as well, wife has no interest.
    But I tend to get the guilt trip that I'm taking ME time when we should be doing family time. :rolleyes:

Like I had to go to my Huntsville office to do a 3 hour gear swap. And I could time it so that I could take personal time the next day and take the family to the Space and Rocket Center. Boss is totally cool with it. Company pays me (including mileage) to drive down and work, then I can take a day of PTO and pay my own 2nd night of hotel, and drive back on the company dime. (they will even pay for my breakfast and dinners) I literally postponed it for 3 months so we could go in the winter and not during a holiday break when they'd be busy. When the rubber met the road, Kids (and wife) decided it wasnt worth a 6 hour trip, so they didnt want to go.

So I said "FINE! I'll go on my own. If you decide in a couple years you want to go, we go again. No problem." Yes problem. Apparently I'm not allowed to go without them. :xmad: Talking to the wife, you'd think I suggested paying for a weekend in Vegas "with the guys" doing bachelor things. :rolleyes:

/vent

This year I resolve to take more PTO for them (so she cant complain) , and more time for me to do camping/bushcraft stuff as well.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    But I tend to get the guilt trip that I'm taking ME time when we should be doing family time. :rolleyes:

Like I had to go to my Huntsville office to do a 3 hour gear swap. And I could time it so that I could take personal time the next day and take the family to the Space and Rocket Center. Boss is totally cool with it. Company pays me (including mileage) to drive down and work, then I can take a day of PTO and pay my own 2nd night of hotel, and drive back on the company dime. (they will even pay for my breakfast and dinners) I literally postponed it for 3 months so we could go in the winter and not during a holiday break when they'd be busy. When the rubber met the road, Kids (and wife) decided it wasnt worth a 6 hour trip, so they didnt want to go.

So I said "FINE! I'll go on my own. If you decide in a couple years you want to go, we go again. No problem." Yes problem. Apparently I'm not allowed to go without them. :xmad: Talking to the wife, you'd think I suggested paying for a weekend in Vegas "with the guys" doing bachelor things. :rolleyes:

/vent

This year I resolve to take more PTO for them (so she cant complain) , and more time for me to do camping/bushcraft stuff as well.
    It’s tough, hang in there.
    I’ve been in that season, it should change. I’m in the season now of “you wanna do what? When do you leave?” So that’s a little different to get used to.

Huntsville brings up some painful memories. My dad wanted to send me to space camp one summer. Had it all worked out. And I
    refused.
    to.
    go.
    Looking back, he was definitely trying to live vicariously through me, but at the time it was pretty painful for all involved, and to this day I’m not sure why I refused.
    Oh well.

Hope things stay heathy between y’all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Kids are just as bad. They’d rather stay home on electronics.

Now hiking and whatnot if we drag them out as a family they enjoy themselves.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Found this gizmo online and it looks really interesting. Got mine today. It seemed to be a little overpriced at first, but once I got it in my hands, it seems to be really well built.

Cant wait to test it out in the spring when it gets warmer. (I'm a wuss with poor circulation)

iu

And I'm striving to do more bushcraft and camping this year. I've been patient waiting for the kids to get older, but the wife recently said she isnt interested in camping AT ALL (a popup camper is as low as she goes) . So screw 'em. I'm going without them!

I like it. Use it for a hand axe or mount it to a handle.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    We should to it. I'm in.
    CameraMonkey himself asked this very question Jan 8th, I just saw it this morning, here…

Might be a better thread to move forward with?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update. Beware its razor sharp from the factory. But given the grind, its deceptive.

I was messing around with a spare 7/8" oak dowel as a handle. (bad idea, too hard)

As I was trying to unscrew the head, I slipped and sliced my thumb. I was "bleeding like a stuffed pig" as my wife would say. :lmfao:
    (I have since educated her on what the actual term is LOL)

Top Bottom