• mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    ...define tailgating. ;)

Yep ... had a young lady riding my tail so hard one morning, that I couldn't see her front bumper. When I could, I pulled half way off on the shoulder to let her pass. Then I followed her for the next few miles with an appropriate distance between us, watching her ride the next car's tail. Whatever, stupid little *****. Eventually, that behavior will bite her in the ass.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    How about getting people out of the left lane also?
    The absolute state of SR67 right now. Nothing but truckers, RVs, and boat trailers stacked up in the left lane, parked next to more slow trucks in the right. You could fund the state for a year off a weekend of ticketing those people.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yep ... had a young lady riding my tail so hard one morning, that I couldn't see her front bumper. When I could, I pulled half way off on the shoulder to let her pass. Then I followed her for the next few miles with an appropriate distance between us, watching her ride the next car's tail. Whatever, stupid little *****. Eventually, that behavior will bite her in the ass.

Eventually that other loligager will learn to get out of people's way like you did. Good for you!

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The absolute state of SR67 right now. Nothing but truckers, RVs, and boat trailers stacked up in the left lane, parked next to more slow trucks in the right. You could fund the state for a year off a weekend of ticketing those people.
    But that’s hard......would really need a plane or drone to run an enforcement initiative. This is the low hanging fruit

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If that's your goal enforce the 45 mph speed limit that starts at least at countyline and goes all the way to the southside of Martinsville. MILLIONS to be made there, especially in the section that still has 4 traffic lanes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I hate tailgaters, but especially when they're in front of me. They zoom past me only to ride their brakes in front of me because they're riding the ass of the car in front of them. I travel at the prevailing speed of traffic (usually the fastest moving traffic) for the most part, but I leave plenty of room in between me and the person in front of me. Passing me to get between me and the lead car gains them nothing.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Eventually that other loligager will learn to get out of people's way like you did. Good for you!

Except it doesn't really help in a trail of cars where it's impossible to pass. I tend to maintain a lively pace. She arrived at the next stop light 3 seconds ahead of me, only to wait the 2 minutes at the light just like me. I really believe tale gaiters in this situation are just silly, and dangerous, for no discernable benefit.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be glad when 37/69 is done and the traffic leaves 67.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Except it doesn't really help in a trail of cars where it's impossible to pass. I tend to maintain a lively pace. She arrived at the next stop light 3 seconds ahead of me, only to wait the 2 minutes at the light just like me. I really believe tale gaiters in this situation are just silly, and dangerous, for no discernable benefit.

If you find that you have tailgaiters, you know that you are impeding traffic. It doesn't matter if there is a car ahead of you or not.

Could be the car you are impeding will find a way around, if you let them by?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I propose that when there are three lanes travelling in the same direction that it be the law that you must travel at a minimum of 10 mph over the posted speed limit while in the far left lane.

Based on that theory I propose we remove any speed limit from the left lane. Kinda like the Autobahn in Germany. If 10 miles an hour over is better why not 15, 20, 30. . . . . ?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be glad when I-70 is done downtown and the south leg of 465 returns to normal. It's going to be a long year and a half.
    Until the Tibbs/Washington bridge is fixed (clogs Michigan Street something awful in the PM) I'm coming home I-70 west from West Street to Plainfield. The getting on 465 from eastbound 70 backup goes west of the FEDEX building to where the the speed limit goes to 65 most days at 1600.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Until the Tibbs/Washington bridge is fixed (clogs Michigan Street something awful in the PM) I'm coming home I-70 west from West Street to Plainfield. The getting on 465 from eastbound 70 backup goes west of the FEDEX building to where the the speed limit goes to 65 most days at 1600.
    I believe it. Traffic on 465 on a weekend is now like what it used to be at rush hour through the week. At actual rush hour through the week, it turns into a big slow moving parking lot.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Heck, I was on I465 during rush hour for the first time in a while. Running 70 in a 55.

a) I am not going any faster.
    b) tailgating me will gain you road trash to grille when I straddle it
    c) lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. If you want to merge left/right, signal (that's how the rest of us know) and look for a gap.

I've gotten to the point where I understand many folks are simply oblivious on a good day and assholes on all others. No matter how fast I go, it is too slow. No matter how slow, it is too fast. Any lane is the wrong lane. So.... I just set my cruise at MY comfortable speed, use the middle lane as the thru lane, and drive. If it doesn't suit you, not my circus, not my monkeys.

Top Bottom