• ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have no idea what iwom is...

But I wouldn`t use a bag. It`s just one more thing to have to carry and I`m trying to minimalize. It`s gotten crazy how much stuff it takes anymore to kill a deer.

I have to carry the bibs and parka anyway, otherwise I get overheated and sweaty hiking in. So, for me, it's no different. I hike in wearing my regular weight clothes, climb into the tree/blind/brush and throw this on. Toasty.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have to carry the bibs and parka anyway, otherwise I get overheated and sweaty hiking in. So, for me, it's no different. I hike in wearing my regular weight clothes, climb into the tree/blind/brush and throw this on. Toasty.

I do the Walls Blizzard Pruf bibs and have a Berne jacket I've used for years. I spray silicone on them as needed for extra rain resistance.
    I think this year I'll try a lanolin solution. You put a few tablespoons of lanolin in a bottle of 91% alcohol. Shake it up and spray it on.
    The alcohol drys and leaves a nice flim of lanolin on what you spray it on. One thing about lanolin is my dogs love the smell and want to lick on it lol.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Depends on if one wants more comfort/ hunt longer.

I cant take the cold like I used to. Maybe because I didnt have better gear way back ( or maybe just because im older )

Aint got diddly squat to prove. O just want to be comfy while Im out there and spend a decent amount of time afield.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    View attachment 214051
    I’m not an expert, but I’ve spent some time in the cold and snow, both locally and out west.

I have some expensive gear, but not Sitka. In my experience out west, you spend a lot more time moving than sitting still. Even in the bitter cold, if you can be windproof and dry you can survive.

Ambush hunting in the winter in Indiana is a different animal. A heavy set of bibs and parka is a must, but that gear is way too heavy for out west.

View attachment 214053

Sitka gear would probably be warm enough for Indiana and light enough for out west, but so far I have needed one or the other, not both.
    I finally found you!

I wouldn’t have ever guessed to see you wearing UCP while hunting.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    check out sierra dot com, used to be 'sierra trading post'. like an online tj maxx - actually same company - but with outdoor gear too. they have sitka a lot, but also other quality gear. e.g. i bought some cheaper browning waterfowl gear and mannn it's pretty good, really unexpected

but before you spend $$$ on camo remember most species were hunted to near-extinction by men in 3 piece suits lol

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Camofire regularly runs deals on Sitka gear ... https://www.camofire.com/

You need to check daily as their offerings change daily. If you watch enough, you'll notice that they have somewhat of a rotation until stock is depleted. But, if you see something you want, buy it. The next time it shows up, if it shows up, your size may be gone.

Top Bottom