• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I've been wanting to ask this, but was waiting for the right opportunity: why are people stocking up on ammo for this? Particularly in such large quantities? Now being an ingo member, I obviously understand the passion for firearms, but I can only think of 3 reasons to stockpile ammo for this event:
    1) self-defense
    2) hunting
    3) to maintain a shooting hobby while in isolation
    Of these 3 reasons, only the third suggests the need for massive quantities of ammo, right? Maybe I'm overlooking something or my math is bad? Sincerely, please help me understand.

Fear that tomorrow they won't be able to get any. Period.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    In a few years, I wonder how many cans are going to be thrown away because they're expired.

Cans expire??? When did they start doing that? :rolleyes:

Some of mine are so old, the labels fell off. It's like Christmas in a can cause you never know what you're going to eat next.

Clark & Addison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Gibson County
    Went to the Princeton Walmart this evening. That was a mistake. Crowd was smaller than usual, but the grocery stock was low. 1/3 of the groceries that I planned on getting were not stocked. They were rolling out lots of new stock while I was there, but they weren't stocking. Seemed like they were waiting until they close overnight to do all of the stocking. Probably be full in the morning.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I have a chest freezer, and three refrigerator freezers, all packed. Power goes out, I’m posting here for a bbq, but only ten at a time. I haven’t yet added generators to my stock/stores, hopefully that won’t bite me in the ass this go round.

Yeah, I wasn't including the INGOers in my thoughts. I figured we had a plan.

BUT... yeah, get that generator game upped. I was happy to have mine over the summer and that was in the end of days.

Mine was $250 on Craigslist. I imagine there are still used deals to be had right now, probably not in a few weeks once people start thinking that far ahead.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m erring on the side of paranoia at the moment. Rifles staged in every room, along with a fight bag. I always have my 19 on my person while dressed, but after looking at the shear stupidity of my fellow man these last few days, I want rifles.

I took precautions to relocate some items for quicker access.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Kroger says they will be restocked in 3 days. And why not? Other than selling 5 weeks of groceries in a week what exactly is wrong with distribution? People cannot keep buying this much as they have no place to put it and likely don't have the budget to buy more.

diablo750

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Middletown
    I haven't been to the store lately so can't report on that, but I have been closely following the markets. After noticing the silver price fall to a long time low, I was hoping to buy some. I've always used silvertowne online but they are out of melt bucket, 90% us coins, 1 oz bars and hell maybe everything (quit looking after a while) it seems. They are also saying 12-14 week shipping delays! Seemed strange to me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Daughter and I will be going out in the morning to restock some of the meats we could not get on the last go round. The freezers are about 75% right now and we want them packed. All 3 refrigerators as well. Never enough water so yes hoping Sams has restocked. And yes we have enough genny's for reserve power.

I believe as others do that the sheep have hit the limits monetarily and space available.....I mean how much TP can you store...?????

I will post up what we find. Indy west side.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hey CM, good luck foraging... the spousal unit is heading for the B’burg WM for an obscure need when they open at 0600; I’ll pass along her sitrep.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey CM, good luck foraging... the spousal unit is heading for the B’burg WM for an obscure need when they open at 0600; I’ll pass along her sitrep.

Perfect. Never thought about that store. We hope that Sams has gained some ground since the insanity hit. Depending on what we hear Wed. might be better.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My wife wants to buy our daughter a green shirt when they open so she doesn’t get pinched at day care tomorrow. Whatever...

Last edited:

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    went to the local sav a lot in owen county last night, no paper products, no bread, no gallons of milk, no hamburger.
    But plenty of steak, bacon, sausage, water, sugar, some veggies and fruit for now.
    oh, also no flour or yeast
    i will make another run after work this afternoon to see how walmart is stocked.
    stay safe...

PS. i did notice that there is always a couple guys stocking shelves whenever i go in there, last night no one stocking only people buying. take it for what its worth.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Daughter and I will be going out in the morning to restock some of the meats we could not get on the last go round. The freezers are about 75% right now and we want them packed. All 3 refrigerators as well. Never enough water so yes hoping Sams has restocked. And yes we have enough genny's for reserve power.

I believe as others do that the sheep have hit the limits monetarily and space available.....I mean how much TP can you store...?????

I will post up what we find. Indy west side.

Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down to me!! :laugh:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Cabelas in noblesville was out of most popular handgun ammo. Plenty of 10mm left. About half their 22lr was gone.

Still had reloading components for alot of calibers.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Quite down here in Perry County reports from a cousin that Wally Mart has restocked and our IGA is good as well. All extended and close family ready for at least 30 days. Cross leveled some ammo to the SIL topped off all fuel cans test fired both generators and have propane topped off.

We’re kinda isolated down here already so most of us buy in bulk when we go to the city. Local water plants have been working on backup generators and making sure all is good to go. Daughter and SIL live 14 miles from town so I made sure they are good on supplies as well.

I feel bad for our restaurants and bars they are gonna take a huge loss I will get carry out from one of them tonight.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Quite down here in Perry County reports from a cousin that Wally Mart has restocked and our IGA is good as well. All extended and close family ready for at least 30 days. Cross leveled some ammo to the SIL topped off all fuel cans test fired both generators and have propane topped off.

We’re kinda isolated down here already so most of us buy in bulk when we go to the city. Local water plants have been working on backup generators and making sure all is good to go. Daughter and SIL live 14 miles from town so I made sure they are good on supplies as well.

I feel bad for our restaurants and bars they are gonna take a huge loss I will get carry out from one of them tonight.

Good deal. We're also set for a while. Starting to carry something other than EDC in vehicles, just in case.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Stopped at the LGS last night after work to ask them how business has been. I also thought I might see if they had any more cases of 9mm at 169.99.

When I drove into the lot in the strip mall the parking lot seemed kind of crowded.

I walked in the door and saw at least 6 people waiting in line at the cash register. NEVER seen this before. There might have been up to a dozen more folks milling about the store.
    The sign for the nine read 199.99 and the pile of cases was gone.
    One of the salesmen that knows me well greeted me with a nod as I walked in the door. He was selling an AR to a dude and explaining what all he would need to buy to outfit it with a scope.

I was literally:

:wrongdoor:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I ate lunch yesterday a local restaurant just as they got the announcement that they were to close later. I was the only person there. The manager thanked me for coming in. She was almost in tears because between the 4 restaurants in town, they have 300 employees, many who will not be earning a paycheck now.

She also said that it's a really big deal that people buy gift cards or utilize the carry out. She said a lot of businesses' look good and secure financially from the outside, but a couple weeks of lost revenue will hurt even the strong ones. Weak ones may not survive.

My in-laws are in town. I'm going to pick up dinner at a local restaurant tonight and bring it home for us.

Top Bottom