• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Perry county here. Did our weekly run Friday afternoon. Walmart was a zoo. Grocery side was almost completely wiped out. Rest of store was in good shape tho. Went to local IGA and it was in o.k. shape, a few items (TP, paper towels, bleach) completely out. Had to go back into town early Sat morn to pick up a couple things I forgot, Walmart was in bad shape, did have a few canned goods and plenty of bread this time around.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    There are some strange things being discussed and directed at work. I have never seen anything like this and it is just super strange to me. We have been told to make sure to have all our gear and PPE, spare radio battery, water, snacks, and understand we can be held over or deployed just about any time, anywhere. Sick days don’t count against us right now and our time-off book now has two less slots every day to pre-prepare for impending sickness. It hasn’t been directed yet, but I would not be surprised to see all non-priority runs NOT dispatched (no officers sent to take simple reports).

We just received new SOP’s in this as well.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Stop into cabelas in Hammond today just to see what was left. Good news was in picked up some 44mag ammo fory vaquero. Bad news is that's about all they had. Surprisingly lots of 22lr left on the shelves though...
    f2bd1adf219786c11bc3b80019daee57.jpg

afe16f682df2d8c5b2e54a522c780cf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    Stop into cabelas in Hammond today just to see what was left. Good news was in picked up some 44mag ammo fory vaquero. Bad news is that's about all they had. Surprisingly lots of 22lr left on the shelves

I've been wanting to ask this, but was waiting for the right opportunity: why are people stocking up on ammo for this? Particularly in such large quantities? Now being an ingo member, I obviously understand the passion for firearms, but I can only think of 3 reasons to stockpile ammo for this event:
    1) self-defense
    2) hunting
    3) to maintain a shooting hobby while in isolation
    Of these 3 reasons, only the third suggests the need for massive quantities of ammo, right? Maybe I'm overlooking something or my math is bad? Sincerely, please help me understand.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Apparently the conditions in Elkhart have radically diminished. Just got a text from a buddy that went to the same store I went to on Thursday, which was busy, but not nuts. Apparently things are now full-on crazy mode. I'll have to go over there Wednesday or Thursday to get some (non-crucial) meds, so, we'll see what it's like then. But... If the insanity has now funneled down into what is usually the most relaxed, low traffic, and well stocked grocery store in my sphere, it ain't good.

I've been wanting to ask this, but was waiting for the right opportunity: why are people stocking up on ammo for this? Particularly in such large quantities? Now being an ingo member, I obviously understand the passion for firearms, but I can only think of 3 reasons to stockpile ammo for this event:
    1) self-defense
    2) hunting
    3) to maintain a shooting hobby while in isolation
    Of these 3 reasons, only the third suggests the need for massive quantities of ammo, right? Maybe I'm overlooking something or my math is bad? Sincerely, please help me understand.

Having started expanding my collection during the Obama years, my answer is simple: panic. Sheer, total, and utter panic. You'll notice nobody here is racing out to try and buy all the expensive ammo. We already did that when it wasn't expensive.

Case in point... I mentioned this frenzy to a buddy at work that owns only a used Hi-Point 9mm and a single box of ammo, plus no holster, and no carry permit. He said, and I quote, "I feel radically under prepared".

I've been telling him for 2 years to get his lifetime because there's no reason not to and you just never know when you'll want it. He's also been pining after a M&P and I've dropped him clues to plenty of good sales over time. But there was always the eating out 3 or 4 nights a week or another PS4 game to buy, or whatever...

My answer this morning? "Well... Your life was only worth $75 until today, so...."

He didn't like my answer. Now he's probably going to be a panic buyer soon if there's even any panic left to buy. Hopefully the dumba** at least gets his permit. I'd take a Hi Point and 100 round of 9 over a sharp stick and harsh language, but just barely. In this case, I actually hope I increased the panic and he gets off his butt.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Went to two different neighborhood meat markets, one sold out of everything. The other was nearly sold out, but did manage to get 10lbs of ground beef and a huge ham.

Then headed off to Wrigley gun store, the place was packed, the line was 30 deep. All I wanted was a little extra cleaning oil, passed on it, will order from Amazon.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    at 5pm, the famous Beech Grove Walmart looked like they were preparing to move the paper aisle shelves they were so bare. Out of the ENTIRE shelf unit, both sides were totally empty except for half a case of paper towels. It literally looked like they were in the middle of a reconfig it was so bad. Sheesh.

I sense lots of plumbers making bank due to idiots flushing paper towels and napkins.

We arent worried. We have rags and a washing machine. I dont need paper towels for anything except wiping up stuff that stains. (nail polish, paint, etc)

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Southport Meijer was packed but not too hard to navigate. It's been that way for the last two days according to my wife who has been there picking up stuff for us and for a 90 yr old friend. News is reporting IMPD was dispatched to the Greenwood Costco (N side of County Line Rd) where two guys got in a tussle over something and both of them pulled guns. No shots fired. Just ordered 1K 9mm plinking bullets from Midsouth Shooters Supply. There's a large banner on their site advising order processing and shipping could take up to 4 extra days due to the volume of orders.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Meijer Avon 6:00 P.M. checkout lines to the rear of the store. Bacon and baby back ribs the only meat left. Bacon?
    20200316-181911.jpg
    [/IMG]

20200316-180953.jpg
    [/IMG]

20200316-181003.jpg
    [/IMG]

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    When I see stuff like above, I just imagine the spoilage and utter waste that is about to happen in a week or two. I have 3 freezers... Most people barely have 1. What are they doing with all of this stuff?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    When I see stuff like above, I just imagine the spoilage and utter waste that is about to happen in a week or two. I have 3 freezers... Most people barely have 1. What are they doing with all of this stuff?

In a few years, I wonder how many cans are going to be thrown away because they're expired.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    In a few years, I wonder how many cans are going to be thrown away because they're expired.

I see that too, but at least if they're hoarding canned goods they're on the right track. WTF you going to do with 50lbs of fresh meat and 50 Lunchables if you have a normal suburban fridge/freezer and it wasn't 100% empty when you started?

I mean, I assume that even stuff like whole chickens and whole turkeys are sold out too. I'd bet 1/2 of people couldn't even simply roast either of those if they had to and end up with anything anyone would want to eat... and forget about parting them for frying or grilling.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I don't think society has collapsed yet, but I think it's getting closer every day. I think the government is trying everything to avoid a nationwide quarantine because they know the pandemonium it would cause.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a chest freezer, and three refrigerator freezers, all packed. Power goes out, I’m posting here for a bbq, but only ten at a time. I haven’t yet added generators to my stock/stores, hopefully that won’t bite me in the ass this go round.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't think society has collapsed yet, but I think it's getting closer every day. I think the government is trying everything to avoid a nationwide quarantine because they know the pandemonium it would cause.
    I’m erring on the side of paranoia at the moment. Rifles staged in every room, along with a fight bag. I always have my 19 on my person while dressed, but after looking at the shear stupidity of my fellow man these last few days, I want rifles.

Top Bottom