• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    All our stuff is doing good. The crazy temp changes early in the year seemed to slow them down at the start, but they took off once the weather settled down. We did have to water during that dry spell.

Zukes. Cukes, tomatoes, peppers, beans all doing good.
    Corn is starting to produce and melons are still coming on.

Pumpkins are the only thing I think has been not great. I'm not sure they will get done for Halloween.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I had a couple failures potatoes of all things as I normally never have had issues with them. Lack of germination on Lima (butter) beans. Second plantings are set for Saturday if we stay dry.

Other than that from six plants of cukes I have fed the neighborhood to the point of nobody else will take them for free and even the neighbors chickens are saying no more cukes. Two zukes are now easy 5 foot tall and once again so many that we are full up and so are the neighbors. First planting of green beans just got pulled and a second going in.

Tomatoes doing great. We should have plenty for canning. No signs of any blight just a little leaf curl on some coming now. (They might be dry)

Attachments

• IMG_8344.jpeg
      IMG_8344.jpeg
      676.4 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_8334.jpeg
      IMG_8334.jpeg
      727.7 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_8335.jpeg
      IMG_8335.jpeg
      546.4 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_8346.jpeg
      IMG_8346.jpeg
      825.3 KB · Views: 8

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I also failed to germinate my green beans. It was weird. One stray seed that fell outside the rows germinated, but died after reaching 2" tall. (3 days after the first 2 leaves came out) Snow peas that used to vine 5' tall now barely get a foot tall.

Now my spaghetti squash and watermelons have taken off like mad. 20'+ vines and trying to take over not only the rest of the garden, but also the yard. Tomatoes need cages triple the size I have. (big)

Quite the dichotomy.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I had a couple failures potatoes of all things as I normally never have had issues with them. Lack of germination on Lima (butter) beans. Second plantings are set for Saturday if we stay dry.

Other than that from six plants of cukes I have fed the neighborhood to the point of nobody else will take them for free and even the neighbors chickens are saying no more cukes. Two zukes are now easy 5 foot tall and once again so many that we are full up and so are the neighbors. First planting of green beans just got pulled and a second going in.

Tomatoes doing great. We should have plenty for canning. No signs of any blight just a little leaf curl on some coming now. (They might be dry)
    We only had one potato sprout. Issue is we haven’t planted potatoes for probably 5 years!

Top Bottom