• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I got a few, mostly target rifles, Remington 540XR & a 1413 Anschutz, & receasently giving a rascal single shot for my daughter to learn on.
    Can't wait to shoot 3P smallbore with my daughter

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I just purchased this single-shot 22LR recently. What do you think?

View attachment 272344

(Of course, it is for my daughter to use. But still, my gun.)
    I keep that exact rifle as the loaner for “that guy” who only brings a six pack to the rabbit hunt. (We only use 22s to kill rabbits and they must be shot on the run. It saves a lot of cleaning and helps the kfc stock price.) “that guy” usually bring his own gun and ammo next time.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I just purchased this single-shot 22LR recently. What do you think?

View attachment 272344

(Of course, it is for my daughter to use. But still, my gun.)
    "
    "Of course, it is for my daughter to use. But still, my gun." Good luck with that thought process. My (now adult) daughter has already for years laid claim to several of my guns. She reminds me about every time she visits. So you go ahead and believe "still my gun". That's cute, but so
    naive. LOL!!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My .22 single shots:

Top is a Winchester Model 67 bought by my father at an auction for $7.50. He had the stock refinished. The finger groove stock indicates pre-1938 manufacture. It is extremely accurate because the action and barrel are machined as a single unit.

Next is an Ithaca Model 49. It is a single shot falling block action designed to look like a lever action to appeal to fans of Westerns. It is also very accurate as the ejector presses against the bottom of the round in the chamber. Thus, the cartridge is in the same position in the chamber for each shot due to spring pressure.

Bottom is a Steven's 22/410 over and under. Its accuracy is enhanced by the Lyman 53 peep sight mounted on the receiver and the fact that the rifle and shotgun barrels are solidly joined together for their full length. This stabilizes the rifle barrel and eliminates any vibration.

Last edited:

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I have 9 single shot 22 rifles, my favorite is a Remington 514. Here are the ones I have pics of.
    IMG_E2479.JPG
    Remington 514, Hopkin & Allen 922, Mossberg 25 and Ranger (Marlin) 36A.

IMG_E5759.JPG
    Marlin Crown Prince
    IMG_E6079.JPG
    17" barrel H&R 550 (PAL). Why a birdcage flash suppresser?? Because it was cheaper than a can and looked better than the thread protector.
    The 3 not pictured are a Cricket, Winchester 68, and a Husqvarna SAKRAT 165

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    savage-arms-mark-1-matte-black-left-hand-bolt-action-rifle-22-long-rifle-21in-1784206-1.jpg

Recently wandered into a gun shop and saw a Savage Mark 1 for sale. It is a single shot bolt action .22 with Williams peep sights. It was brand new with the original box for less than $230. Looked like a fun rifle to take to the range so I bought it.
    Nice score! I was doing the gun shop rounds a couple of weeks ago saw that gun at Albertsons. It was really the only thing in there that day that seriously peaked my interest, mainly due to the bull-barrel and the sights. I was looking at it to see if the floor plate could be swapped for a magazine-fed configuration, but ultimately decided I really didn't need it and passed. I do love those sights, though! You'll have to let us know how it shoots!

My grandpa had a single-shot Revelation .22 that I inherited after he died, which I've since passed on to my younger brother. It was a neat little gun, but it had an annoying manual safety that automatically engaged every time you worked the bolt, and loading one at a time got kind of old. I can see the point for teaching a kid...but I can also load one round in the mag of a magazine-fed gun and accomplish the same thing.

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    My first gun ever was a Rossi youth combo single shot .22 with .410 barrel. It has a finicky little ejector that you have to keep clean or it gums up really easily. But I still have it and sometimes I dust it off and take a few shots. It's almost too small to shoulder for me now.

When it comes to .22's I definitely prefer bolt actions and semi-auto as they have a higher fun to time ratio. But if you only have a box of shells, a single shot will stretch out your fun longer.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    When it comes to .22's I definitely prefer bolt actions and semi-auto as they have a higher fun to time ratio. But if you only have a box of shells, a single shot will stretch out your fun longer.
    I find that I enjoy shooting the bolt action 22's the most, I also tend to single feed them even if it has a detachable magazine.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had a Leupold 4-12X on a Sav/Anschutz 64 Match.
    Squirrel zapper.

Cool, but big and heavy.

Proly shoulda kept it, but my Sav/Ansch 141 shot as well.
    Proly shoulda kept that one too LOL

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    My maternal grandfather's .22, Winchester M1903, purchased with egg money when he was 11 in the giant city of Terre Haute, Indiana.

It is not mine, I am merely holding it for who comes next (have several of those guns, lol).

View attachment 279353
    Well I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who has to "store" things like that. That is easier to keep than my great grandfathers Indiana law books in a chestnut book case...

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    My maternal grandfather's .22, Winchester M1903, purchased with egg money when he was 11 in the giant city of Terre Haute, Indiana.

It is not mine, I am merely holding it for who comes next (have several of those guns, lol).

View attachment 279353
    I’ve not seen one of those, or at least don’t remember. what a beautiful trigger plate/guard. I bet it’s a pleasure to shoot. thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom