• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwilky78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2016
    Kendallville
    I started with an old Vaquero. Then got a Blackhawk convertible. Then I went too far (as usual) and got a Standard Manufacturing clone. It's beautiful and incredibly built....but very expensive.

The Ruger's shot well, perfectly fine actually. The Standard is a piece of art that performs like a gun that cost 1/3 it's price....but I really like it.

I do have a Marlin 1894 in .357, and it pairs with a S&W 586. I probably need a lever in .45 too.
    I can attest that the Blackhawk shoots nicely. After a full teardown and cleaning it is a very nice and smooth shooter in either caliber.
    I also have a Blackhawk 50th anniversary in .357 magnum and a Cimarron/ Uberti Evil Roy SAA replica in .357 magnum.

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    Standard Manufacturing is supposed to make a very version. I’ve never held one but reviews are all pretty good.

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    Following, have similar interest. Really like the color case finish but then a friend got an Uberti Doc Holiday in 45 colt with Nickel finish, very nice, and now can't decide. He only wishes he got a pair. The action and trigger is smoooooth.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    New Vaquero in 45 Colt if your looking for more safety features.
    If your looking for authenticity a Uberty in 45 Colt is at the top of the list. I have one and the only difference is its missing the rampent Colt stamp. I paired it with a John Wayne holster and belt.

I paired it with a Rossi 20" round barrel in 45 Colt.
    I also have one in .357 Magnum/38 special. Beach Grove Firearms usually has at least one revolver in their case. I have wanted one in .357/38 to match the Rossi but so far I have resisted the temptation.

I always install a Wolff spring kit in all of my firearms.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    "Cattleman II" in 45 Colt 5.5" barrel.
    I'm interested in why you are leaning towards the 5.5" barrel. How does one decide between the various barrel lengths?

For my DA revolvers, they all sport 4" barrels so I was thinking I'd want the 4.75" barrel on a Cattleman II.

After looking at both sizes, I think the 5.5" barrel looks more "correct". I think the aesthetics of the gun overall may look a little better with the longer barrel.

Last edited:

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I went thru the same thing a couple years ago. I ended up getting a Winchester 1866, an Uberti Open Top Navy("Wild Bill") and a Cimarron Lightning all in .38 Special. I choose .38 because I have dies and already own several other wheel guns in that caliber.

The quality is great for all three. My only regret is not getting the "Thunderer" instead of the "Lightning". The Lightning is on a smaller frame than the Thunderer.

9OUIqSK.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm interested in why you are leaning towards the 5.5" barrel. How does one decide between the various barrel lengths?

For my DA revolvers, they all sport 4" barrels so I was thinking I'd want the 4.75" barrel on a Cattleman II.

After looking at both sizes, I think the 5.5" barrel looks more "correct". I think the aesthetics of the gun overall may look a little better with the longer barrel.

I told my better half that 3/4 of an inch doesn't matter.

She said 3/4 of an inch matters more than most men like to admit.

So I got the 5.5".

1660935019457.png

Top Bottom