• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I posted this on Facebook but I know lots of members here shoot with us at SCCC so it might interest you.

Silver Creek Conservation Club members and competition shooters.

February USPSA match canceled.

My name is Paul Francis to those that don’t know me. I’m the Treasurer at the club and have been helping the (USPSA) match director at the club for a few years now.

We have a “Perfect Storm” happening at the club right now. As most know we (the board) are working on finding a way to acquire the club from our landlords . While we are doing that, all of us are affected by the ammo shortage and unsettled political happenings right now.

Our (and other clubs) match attendance is about a third of what it usually is. Most feedback is that they don’t have ammo to shoot or are afraid to shoot what they have for general shooting or practice or even matches. It doesn’t look any better for the immediate future.

Those that haven’t heard John Seewer is stepping down as USPSA and Steel Challenge Match Director. John has been busy the last six months at work and looks to be busy for the foreseeable future.

I want to thank John for the years of work and dedication to making the matches happen at Silver Creek. He took over USPSA from Dave and really was the one to get Steel Challenge organized and up and running. Hope you can still make some shoots and shoot with us John. Thanks again John.

So what is going to happen to the matches?

Well we need help. Robert Shaw (also a board member) and I are going to keep the USPSA matches going. We would like to get a team of helpers to lighten the work load. While we would love to have a New Match Director it would be difficult to find someone to just takeover that has the experience to do so.

We are NOT having a match in February as we are regrouping. We hope to get online match setup in practiscore setup before the next match.

We would love to find someone to take over the scoring and kindles and practiscore duties. This would entail setting up the matches on practiscore and setting up and charging the Kindles for the match. We can show you how to do it so no experience required.

Would be nice to have someone to keep track of supplies like targets, and pasters,etc.

If someone wants to be the Match director we can help you and get you familiar with what needs to be done.

We always need help setting up the matches and putting stages up before the match.

We really need several people to help if this is going to survive. I have a couple Major matches this year that fall on our weekend and if we don’t have help we will have to cancel the match.

Steel Challenge has been taken over by Russ Jones (IDPA match Director and a Board Member also) and I have been trying to help him as much as I can.

Russ has plenty to do as the IDPA match director and is only filling in as the Steel Match Director so we need someone to step up and run the steel matches also. The steel matches are quite a bit easier to run than the USPSA matches.

Sorry for the long post but needing to get this info out.

The USPSA and IDPA and Steel matches are a big source of income for the club.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited:

76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky
    Paul thanks for what you guys have done and are currently doing! I didn’t get to shoot as much not for ammo but work was absolutely crazy. Who would have thought the paint business would be busy!! I’ll see you at a match I’m sure!!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Sorry to hear about this. I'm not close enough to come to matches or I would step up just to help.

My concern is that this is happening all over. If this shortage goes on as long as some are reporting, it will be a sad time for competition shooting.

Good luck with your search for folks who will step in the help.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My name is Paul Francis to those that don’t know me. I’m the Treasure at the club
    You are special indeed, but "Treasure" might be pushing it.

If you ever start doing a set up day during the week that would make it easier for retired old farts that do not live close to contribute. May not be possible to tie up the range that much or there may be other obstacles, just a thought, Thursday set up works well for Owensboro USPSA.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    You are special indeed, but "Treasure" might be pushing it.

If you ever start doing a set up day during the week that would make it easier for retired old farts that do not live close to contribute. May not be possible to tie up the range that much or there may be other obstacles, just a thought, Thursday set up works well for Owensboro USPSA.
    My spellchecker/proofreader says............................ Maybe I better let her tell you in person.:)

Wouldn't have a problem with in week setup if we had enough help.
    With Owensboro shooting Friday and Saturday setup during the week is mandatory.
    It is great that they have a dedicated setup crew.
    We do have the fact that we can leave the stages setup and just make changes to them from month to month. We were trying to completely redo a couple stages a month and just change up the others but help really slowed down at the end of the year.

Top Bottom