• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Has anyone utilized the JP Silent Captured Springs and what are your thoughts if you have?

Context: Wondering if this will get my 300BO even quieter...

TIA

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I had one in my old 300blk 9" barrel I didn't have any problems with it. It didn't make my gun any "quieter" I've never had spring noise maybe because I use sprinco springs or I keep them oiled I dont know. Mainly bought it to fine tune the rifle "I dont like adjustable gas blocks".

My new build 6" barrel I just run a standard carbine buffer w/ sprinco reduced power spring. No spring noise, cycles both subs & supers suppressed or not. Personally I can't justify the added cost of the jp captured system.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I have a 18” Jp with the complete low mass system, and the silent capture is just the icing on the cake. The gun is stupid smooth and I can attest to the overall system being better than a standard at system with adj gas and regular buffer. That being said I’ve never just ran the silent capture by itself. I’m sure it would be better, probably not as big of a difference as the entire system.

Hope that helps.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have one in my 300 sbr. It definitely quiets it down a lot to the shooter. I have a buddy who hates AR’s due to the ‘Schlunk-schlunk’ noise and after hearing mine, he now owns a handful of AR’s. I will be honest and say I didn’t buy mine, it came in another rifle, but it is a very slick system.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have a few, and love them, definitely quieter in my rifles. I usually get the spring kit with mine, and like the ability to tune them.
    I have one in combo with an adjustable gas block, and it's easy for me to make a mess out of if; as soon as I think it's reliable for 855, I change ammo, go back to 855, and it's not cycling. I'm sure it's user error, no previous experience with adjustable gas blocks.
    The complete JP system with bolt is first class as well, but I like just the spring set for the money.

ETA all 5.56.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I have a few, and love them, definitely quieter in my rifles. I usually get the spring kit with mine, and like the ability to tune them.
    I have one in combo with an adjustable gas block, and it's easy for me to make a mess out of if; as soon as I think it's reliable for 855, I change ammo, go back to 855, and it's not cycling. I'm sure it's user error, no previous experience with adjustable gas blocks.
    The complete JP system with bolt is first class as well, but I like just the spring set for the money.

ETA all 5.56.
    Yea my JP is by far my smoothest gun i own. Its not by a little either. Paired with their "roller" trigger its definitely my fastest split times. Pure magic what they do at JP. If i had the money i would buy the LRP in 6.5cm.

Top Bottom