• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I'm debating on getting either the SilencerCo Octane 9 or the Rugged Obsidian 9. It will be used on my Glock 19s and my Micro Roni. The Octane 9 is about 120$ cheaper so I'm leaning more towards that one. Just seeing if anyone has any pros or cons that I haven't already read about.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Both are good only reason to pick the Obsidian over the Octane is the modularity. If it's your first suppressor I would probably go Obsidian. You might find you prefer a shorter length and willing to sacrifice some db's especially on a pcc/pdw style weapon I prefer a shorter can.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I was in a similar spot. After diving face first into YouTube & a ridiculous number of forum reviews I ended up going with a Rugged Obsidian 45. The $200 accessories promo they were running easily pushed it over the edge. 30 days in on the e-form filing today.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    The Rugged is worth the extra money. First, the Octanes have very high blowback. The Obsidian has much less blowback. Second, the Octane baffles aren't keyed, so you have to manually align the baffle clips during reassembly which is a pain. The Obsidian has keyed baffles so reassembly is quick and easy. The Obsidian 9 in short config also makes a pretty nice subsonic 300 blackout k can. I have an Octane 45 and an Obsidian 9 and I wish I had two Obsidians. Silencerco hasnt made any improvements to their Octane series to keep up with competition.

Top Bottom