• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    If Lugar's anti gun stances are so bad that it would cause one to vote democrat in that election, wouldn't the same hold true for all offices?

Nope. Both R and D presidential candidates suck on that point. There isn't really an alternative on this issue.

A strong pro 2A congress can keep in check a lot of the anti 2A crap that would come out of the executive. Not ideal, I know, but appears to be the reality of our situation.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nope. Both R and D presidential candidates suck on that point. There isn't really an alternative on this issue.

A strong pro 2A congress can keep in check a lot of the anti 2A crap that would come out of the executive. Not ideal, I know, but appears to be the reality of our situation.

And with a Reid in control of the senate, no pro gun legislation is going to come forth.

I'm just trying to see if repubs are going to follow out their logic. We were told that we HAD to vote for Coats so that a dem wouldn't be in control as the majority party. Now, that logic isn't so sound?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If Lugar's anti gun stances are so bad that it would cause one to vote democrat in that election, wouldn't the same hold true for all offices?

Do you have problems with the following logic chain... dogs have four legs -- cows have four legs, therefore dogs and cows are the same.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    And with a Reid in control of the senate, no pro gun legislation is going to come forth.

I'm just trying to see if repubs are going to follow out their logic. We were told that we HAD to vote for Coats so that a dem wouldn't be in control as the majority party. Now, that logic isn't so sound?

ARe we closer to the pubbies being a majority party with Coates in office, or with a Dem in his place. I know that is a difficult question but do your best.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    and what is the "a vote for a third party is a vote for a democrat" meme? How long can a Paul thread go on without the haters showing up?

There ya go... so emotionally wrapped up in his point of view that anyone who disagrees with him must be a "hater."

Rational, thoughtful discourse isn't allowed in his world.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If tactical voting and Washington control are your endgame, I honestly don't understand the push to oust Lugar. This isn't a flippant comment that usually is bandied about in these threads, it is honest doubt. Lugar is connected, wrote the book on nuclear treaties, and statistically the epitome of a Republican voter. Why foul up a near sure thing with uncertainties of Donnelly versus Murdock? Why remove the kingmaker for a freshman?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Because Dick Lugar, and Carthage, must be destroyed (politically).

Lugaro delenda est!

Kirko the Elder

220px-Marco_Porcio_Caton_Major.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ARe we closer to the pubbies being a majority party with Coates in office, or with a Dem in his place. I know that is a difficult question but do your best.

Are we closer to being a majority party with Lugar in office or the democrat?

We were told the candidate didn't matter during the coats race, the party did. Now, it seems some will go ahead and vote democrat instead of Lugar.

Of course this is predicated on Lugar winning the primary. The point I'm making is that so many show hatred for Lugar now but will be demanding that I vote for him this November should he win the primary. Just trying to keep up with the logic is all.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

We were told the candidate didn't matter during the coats race, the party did. Now, it seems some will go ahead and vote democrat instead of Lugar.

Of course this is predicated on Lugar winning the primary. The point I'm making is that so many show hatred for Lugar now but will be demanding that I vote for him this November should he win the primary. Just trying to keep up with the logic is all.

I didn't vote for lugar 6 years ago !

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If tactical voting and Washington control are your endgame, I honestly don't understand the push to oust Lugar. This isn't a flippant comment that usually is bandied about in these threads, it is honest doubt. Lugar is connected, wrote the book on nuclear treaties, and statistically the epitome of a Republican voter. Why foul up a near sure thing with uncertainties of Donnelly versus Murdock? Why remove the kingmaker for a freshman?

1) Lugar really isn't a "kingmaker". He doesn't have that much power within the party in spite of his seniority.

2) Because the people who are backing Mourdock do believe he can win over the Dems in November.

3) If the "kingmaker" can be knocked out by a mere "freshman" then what does that actually say about the "kingmaker"?

4) Yes, Lugar is "connected". But just who is he connected too? Certainly not the people of Indiana. Let him be secretary of state if that is what he wants.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

I don't know who told you the "candidate didn't matter during the coats race, the party did" during the Coates primary, which is what we are discussing now. I know you have a hard time understanding that part of it but do try to keep up. Coates had a number of more conservative challengers, and none of them unfortunately could gain enough support. That is the way it happens.

An extremely small minority of republicans will vote for the dem in the senate race this year if lugar is on th eballot. Some on this list may be vocal at times, but they are less than one percent of those that will wind up voting in the general election.

And the reason that you cannot "keep up" with the logic is because you simply refuse to acknowledge that situations change and are fluid. Politics are not a brick wall. You're inability to think outside of black and white means that you think that because everyone knows Lugar is the second best in the primary they then must also think he is the second best in the general election just to be "fair."

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

I thought you were a Losertarian? No, they aren't a majority party. Don't you have to have someone in office to even be a party?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I thought you were a Losertarian? No, they aren't a majority party. Don't you have to have someone in office to even be a party?

Being on the winning anti liberty team is something to be proud of.

I'm just watching the Lugar hate getting ready to morph into Lugar love this fall. Or will Murdock win? Will he behave any differently than Lugar once in office? It all remains to be seen.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Being on the winning anti liberty team is something to be proud of.

I'm just watching the Lugar hate getting ready to morph into Lugar love this fall. Or will Murdock win? Will he behave any differently than Lugar once in office? It all remains to be seen.

black and white thinking... am I right or am I right.

Either hate Lugar or love Lugar. No other concepts fit into his world view.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is Murdock a tax cheat? I just saw an ad that said he took an illegal tax deduction for $45k on a second home.

Top Bottom