• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sightron Optics

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    May 6, 2022
    Youngsville, NC
    Hello INGO,

I hope everyone is having a great summer and getting to spend some time on the range. I had the opportunity to spend a few days at the Spearpoint Ranch in Kansas recently doing long range shooting; 1,000 yd, 1-mile and 2-mile targets, moving targets at 200 yds as well as some PRS style shooting out to just over 600 yds. Sadly, I did not hit the 1 or 2 mile targets, but what a blast to go for it! The PRS style shoot got my blood moving, but my speed was softer than a third of the team. My sweet spot seemed to be the 200 yd moving targets. For that round I was shooting a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6mm, which was fun because I’m a sourthpaw and this was a right-handed bolt action. Still, I got 4th in the group missing 3rd by .6 seconds. It was a fun few days for sure.

I primarily used a pre-production sample of our upcoming S6 5-30x56 ED FFP scope coming later this fall. Optics in this thing are amazing. We should have this on our website in the coming week or two. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, hopefully y’all are getting some range time in this summer. Two of my coworkers spent the morning at the range testing scopes while I was stuck in the office working on sales reports and spreadsheets. I wanted to go so bad, but work needed to get done…

I wanted to encourage y’all to go to the range so I jumped on the Christmas in July bandwagon and am now offering 10% off site wide at Sightron.com using the discount code July10 .This is open to anyone, anytime from now through July 31 11:59pm ET, so please share with your friends!

On a personal note, I’m looking forward to going back to Indiana this upcoming week on vacation. Maybe I’ll see some of you at the Noblesville 4th of July Parade!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions, comments or suggestions. You can DM us here, call us at (919) 562-3000 or email at info@sightron.com.

Best regards. and Happy Independence Day all!

Jeff

Top Bottom