• ...and so much more!
  • Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I apologize if this has been discussed. There are a bunch of P365 threads. The guy in this video does a decent job explaining the difference between the Glock and P365 internal safeties and striker tension. He seems to make a good point about the P365 striker "single failure point" potential for disaster. What do you all think?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    He perfectly describes why the trigger action on the Sig is superior to the Glock. I question anyone who would carry a personal protection pistol with an empty chamber. He doesn't point to one case where the part on the striker of the Sig has broken in the exact spot he's talking about. Its like the series 80 trigger on the Colt 1911 vs. the series 70. Most non-Colt 1911 manufacturers feel like the extra parts on the series 80 are unnecessary and have kept them out of their pistols. When Glocks were fairly new on the scene, it seemed like there were a lot of AD's reported. I think the way a person handles his/ her pistol is much more of a concern than any theoretical mechanical breakage.

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    A mechanical breakage may be theoretical, but there are pics floating around of this very scenario. Apparently it is unclear if the breakage(s) were due to part failure, user abuse, or fraudulent claim.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    A mechanical breakage may be theoretical, but there are pics floating around of this very scenario. Apparently it is unclear if the breakage(s) were due to part failure, user abuse, or fraudulent claim.
    If it's on the internet, it must be true, right? There are people who have a manual safety installed on their Glocks. There are people who will only buy a Sig P365 with a manual safety. I suppose some folks who have these manual safties also carry with an empty chamber. Many people are scared to have a gun anywhere around them. Some people are afraid to go out of their homes, yet most of them regularly use their bathroom, where many injuries occur. Everything has a factor of risk. Most people consider the risk and the amount of risk and decide what risk they are ok with. I see the P365 mechanical failure risk as miniscule.

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    If it's on the internet, it must be true, right? There are people who have a manual safety installed on their Glocks. There are people who will only buy a Sig P365 with a manual safety. I suppose some folks who have these manual safties also carry with an empty chamber. Many people are scared to have a gun anywhere around them. Some people are afraid to go out of their homes, yet most of them regularly use their bathroom, where many injuries occur. Everything has a factor of risk. Most people consider the risk and the amount of risk and decide what risk they are ok with. I see the P365 mechanical failure risk as miniscule.
    Take it easy, BE Mike. I have no agenda here. I have carried a Glock in appendix position for years. Some would consider this risky. I am certainly not risk averse. I AM capable of critical thinking. Feel free to lecture someone else.

askperts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Plymouth
    Just saw this on social media and decided to give it a search.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2018/01/first-look-sig-sauer-p365-pistol/

I like the idea of a 10+1 round capacity with the size of a shield. Now, to wait and see what everyone thinks!
    I picked one of those up last weekend along with a Hellcat. I will post a comparison once I have put some rounds through both guns. I like the size and feel of the gun very much and it fits my wife's hands a lot better than most other 9mm's.

askperts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Plymouth
    I purchased mine without the manual safety. Have carried Glock for years and other guns. But I didn't grow up around guns and am therefore very safety conscious. I don't carry with a round chambered ( i know all the reasons this is not great for personal protection) so I have less concerns.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    I bought my P365 thru a police military discount in early 2018. I have carried it religiously since. (Although recently have been also toting my Para 45) 10 + 1 in the weapon and a 15 round mag as backup. I have about 1000 rds downrange. Haven’t been shooting much lately. The trigger is as nice as you could ask for a striker fired weapon. I guess I was lucky because it has NEVER had a failure and is an early model. Once again, Sig hit a home run with the P365!

Top Bottom