• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    People threatening me never got them anywhere, so I think that was the case here. Although he admittedly didn't get the perceived problem with his pistol resolved to his satisfaction, he got his money back. That is a rarity. I've received torn up mail in a USPS envelope before. It happens. He tells people that all Sig P322 pistols are junk. Well they aren't.
    So he threatened them? How?

Edit:
    So he's upset with sig over this, and says all P322 are bad. I've heard people say the same about Taurus yet I've never had a bad Taurus revolver or pistol yet. So I just take what people say when upset as just that.

His encounter with Sig customer service has alienated hom from being a future customer. Just like those who got Taurus Lemons alienated them.
    I'm sure many companies have alienated future customers by their customer service and it won't be the last time.

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Yeah I've seen his videos on his P322 leaded barrel woes. But to say ALL P322s lead the barrel is just his frustration speaking . Bought one last June and have had no barrel leading issues. The P322 has actually been remarkably reliable. Actually has a much better trigger pull than my P226 that costs two and half times as much. About the only gripe I really have with it is the hammer blocks my cleaning rod so I now use a zip tie to hold it down thanks to a posting here.

Also bought new a P365 and P365X with no issues. A P226 Elite last year. And a used P220 Carry not long ago. About the worse I can say about any of them is how lousy the P226 Elite's trigger is especially in SA.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Isn’t this the sig way. Rushing products and making the consumer pay to be beta testers. Once problems are found they try to correct with rolling updates and will fix your gun but won’t call it a recall. It blows my mind anyone would want a 320 or 365 after their million updates that are nothing more than poor design, manufacturing, qc, and corporate greed.
    That's quite a few different manufactures and it's not just guns. I wouldn't buy the first year of a new model car either or pretty much anything else.
    He had an ongoing issue with his. It never got fixed, his video taping should have been. A great moment for sig to shine not throw it away like they did.

He was very kind and understanding until they ran him around Robin Hoods barn.

I let Rock Island know I was going to post about their customer service and they did a great job and I gave them a good review.

I see him telling them in advance so they knew what he was doing so it wouldn't be a surprise. They totally blew it.

Lol no evidence that they tore up the check. Who did then? The Post office? I highly doubt that.
    Ran him around Robin Hoods barn? First return was what barely over a week? Second he's complaining that he actually had to fill out a e-mail form, and bitching that they didn't get back to him in an 1 1/2 hrs, after he says he checked and they watched an over 15 minute video 4 times? Then calling them back after maybe 5 weeks. The finance office losing the refund form does seem a little sketchy but I could see it happening. And yeah probably the post office, didn't you see the post office envelope with the oops we probably messed up, sorry?
    So he threatened them? How?

Edit:
    So he's upset with sig over this, and says all P322 are bad. I've heard people say the same about Taurus yet I've never had a bad Taurus revolver or pistol yet. So I just take what people say when upset as just that.

His encounter with Sig customer service has alienated hom from being a future customer. Just like those who got Taurus Lemons alienated them.
    I'm sure many companies have alienated future customers by their customer service and it won't be the last time.
    I would say he threatened them when talking to the guy after they returned his pistol the second time and they wanted him to test it out before return/refund. And he said he pulled the youtube card and said something along the lines of do you want tens and tens of thousands of people watching a video about that?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    That's quite a few different manufactures and it's not just guns. I wouldn't buy the first year of a new model car either or pretty much anything else.

Ran him around Robin Hoods barn? First return was what barely over a week? Second he's complaining that he actually had to fill out a e-mail form, and bitching that they didn't get back to him in an 1 1/2 hrs, after he says he checked and they watched an over 15 minute video 4 times? Then calling them back after maybe 5 weeks. The finance office losing the refund form does seem a little sketchy but I could see it happening. And yeah probably the post office, didn't you see the post office envelope with the oops we probably messed up, sorry?

I would say he threatened them when talking to the guy after they returned his pistol the second time and they wanted him to test it out before return/refund. And he said he pulled the youtube card and said something along the lines of do you want tens and tens of thousands of people watching a video about that?
    Apparently they didn't care.
    So Sig didn't consider it a threat otherwise they would have been more concerned.
    Sending a firearm in twice and them not fixing it I'm With him because 3rd time won't be a charm. It will most likely end the same way.

Make all the excuses you want Sig had bad customer service in this situation.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The capacity compared to other 22 pistols is probably the most desirable thing about it.
    The greater capacity allows me to run through some programs at the indoor range without a whole lot of magazine changes. In this day and age of high ammo and primer costs (a reloader here) being able to shoot a .22 has some advantages.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Apparently they didn't care.
    So Sig didn't consider it a threat otherwise they would have been more concerned.
    Sending a firearm in twice and them not fixing it I'm With him because 3rd time won't be a charm. It will most likely end the same way.

Make all the excuses you want Sig was troubled with their customer service.
    They cared enough to refund him his money. Perhaps if he had given them a bit more time before calling them the second time he sent it in, it would have been fixed right? When he called they told him that they were looking for a solution and knew it was a problem, my guess is they just slapped another barrel on it because he called asking about it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They cared enough to refund him his money. Perhaps if he had given them a bit more time before calling them the second time he sent it in, it would have been fixed right? When he called they told him that they were looking for a solution and knew it was a problem, my guess is they just slapped another barrel on it because he called asking about it.
    Perhaps it might have, perhaps not.
    At least he got a check for it as you say even if it was torn in pieces which was very childish.

Taurus had the same problem when they came out with the TX22. Their solution was to send people a new barrel that fixed the issue just by contacting their customer service.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Perhaps it might have, perhaps not.
    At least he got a check for it as you say even if it was torn in pieces which was very childish.

Taurus had the same problem when they came out with the TX22. Their solution was to send people a new barrel that fixed the issue just by contacting their customer service.
    I've been around the block a time or two and seen things. Please don't get me started on Taurus and their past lack of quality and lack of service. Things have changed relatively recently, but it had nowhere to go but up!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sig has had some quality control issues which they've addressed a little at a time until the issues were fully fixed. I would assume most customers had their issues dealt with, but like with most companies, some slip through the cracks. I'm grateful for Sig for their innovation, in bringing us smaller guns with full capacity magazines. This has changed the landscape for carry guns. I just picked up a P365 X Macro. Smaller, thinner and lighter than a G19 with G17 capacity. There are now tons of guns in the P365 space, letting us carry much better capacity than the 6, 7 or 8 rounds these smaller guns traditionally allowed. Yes there were growing pains, but it's lead us to a better day for carrying IMO.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Sig has had some quality control issues which they've addressed a little at a time until the issues were fully fixed. I would assume most customers had their issues dealt with, but like with most companies, some slip through the cracks. I'm grateful for Sig for their innovation, in bringing us smaller guns with full capacity magazines. This has changed the landscape for carry guns. I just picked up a P365 X Macro. Smaller, thinner and lighter than a G19 with G17 capacity. There are now tons of guns in the P365 space, letting us carry much better capacity than the 6, 7 or 8 rounds these smaller guns traditionally allowed. Yes there were growing pains, but it's lead us to a better day for carrying IMO.
    I agree with their innovation and known issues. Rolling updates is no way to not have recalls and not have competent qc department. Paying typically inflated prices to buy their stuff when it comes out to be a beta tester for them should not be forgiven. I am assuming they are fixed but I will not trust a 365 unless I buy it new at this point and that’s still iffy for me. It is crazy to me that they get no negative press for all their problems. If it was anyone else people would be losing their mind. It’s no secret I’m a metal gun person and hold metal sigs in high regards. Easily the number two brand for me but it’s hard for me to trust anything in their polymer as a carry. I did get a 322 knowing it wasn’t a carry piece and had no problems but did let it go.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I agree with their innovation and known issues. Rolling updates is no way to not have recalls and not have competent qc department. Paying typically inflated prices to buy their stuff when it comes out to be a beta tester for them should not be forgiven. I am assuming they are fixed but I will not trust a 365 unless I buy it new at this point and that’s still iffy for me. It is crazy to me that they get no negative press for all their problems. If it was anyone else people would be losing their mind. It’s no secret I’m a metal gun person and hold metal sigs in high regards. Easily the number two brand for me but it’s hard for me to trust anything in their polymer as a carry. I did get a 322 knowing it wasn’t a carry piece and had no problems but did let it go.

One of the tricks with Sig is to not be an early adopter. Actually, that works for firearms in general... ;)

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Picked up another 322 in a trade this week. Took it for a super short range session yesterday. It’s a good shooter and feels nice in the hand. It also helps I got it at a fair cost and not the 500 plus i had in my first one. Still on fence whether I like it better than tx22 though.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Picked up another 322 in a trade this week. Took it for a super short range session yesterday. It’s a good shooter and feels nice in the hand. It also helps I got it at a fair cost and not the 500 plus i had in my first one. Still on fence whether I like it better than tx22 though.
    If the Taurus didn't say Taurus, it would be everyone's favorite! :lmfao:

Full Disclosure: I have both the 322 and tx22. The TK Victory trigger in the tx22 makes that a darn nice platform for a polymer rimfire.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    If the Taurus didn't say Taurus, it would be everyone's favorite! :lmfao:

Full Disclosure: I have both the 322 and tx22. The TK Victory trigger in the tx22 makes that a darn nice platform for a polymer rimfire.
    I totally agree. If Taurus sold rights to a larger well mine company people would love it and probably pay 200 more and be happy about it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm still kicking myself for not following up with you on the TX-22 compact you had in the classies recently. I love my standard sized TX-22, and after handling a Compact at NRAAM I definitely want one now. Just a great pistol.

True striker fired, tilting barrel, great capacity and just eats everything I've put through mine.

I also want a 322, but not sure I want to pony up for one yet and take on a different platform. If the 322 was modular like the 320, and took 320 modules, I'd be all over it.

I may need to drop my M&P compact 22 in the classies, and just put the funds toward a TX compact.

I called one of my LGS yesterday and asked if they had a TX-22 compact, and they said they did for a smoking price. Didn't bother them on the phone a lot as they had an event going on and we're very busy. I headed down and it was a used standard sized. It was such a good price I almost still bought it just to have another, but I really want the compact.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I'm still kicking myself for not following up with you on the TX-22 compact you had in the classies recently. I love my standard sized TX-22, and after handling a Compact at NRAAM I definitely want one now. Just a great pistol.

True striker fired, tilting barrel, great capacity and just eats everything I've put through mine.

I also want a 322, but not sure I want to pony up for one yet and take on a different platform. If the 322 was modular like the 320, and took 320 modules, I'd be all over it.

I may need to drop my M&P compact 22 in the classies, and just put the funds toward a TX compact.

I called one of my LGS yesterday and asked if they had a TX-22 compact, and they said they did for a smoking price. Didn't bother them on the phone a lot as they had an event going on and we're very busy. I headed down and it was a used standard sized. It was such a good price I almost still bought it just to have another, but I really want the compact.
    The compact is amazing. It fit my hand a little better than the regular size one. Only let it go because of getting a kadet kit for a cz thst is my absolute go to 22 for plinking. Just got the 322 bc it got offered in a trade and was intrigued in having another but really wasn’t looking to add another polymer 22, but that’s how it goes I guess lol. You can’t go wrong with a tx or 322 in my mind. It just depends on what you want to spend

Top Bottom