• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    Assuming this guy isn't totally making this up? He claims to have had a P320 discharge in the holster at a steel match, other competitors and the RO witnessed the gun go off by itself in the holster.

I saw that too. I think it's pretty clear there is something inherently poor with the p320 trigger mechanism, although I agree that at least a handful of the police involved discharges were from negligence, not firing from the holster. I'm curious if the presence of a manual safety would even matter in a case like this one, based on the alleged internal failure. You'd think that sig would want to jump on this similar to what they did with the cross after that nutnfancy video showing it constantly going off on its own

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I saw that too. I think it's pretty clear there is something inherently poor with the p320 trigger mechanism, although I agree that at least a handful of the police involved discharges were from negligence, not firing from the holster. I'm curious if the presence of a manual safety would even matter in a case like this one, based on the alleged internal failure. You'd think that sig would want to jump on this similar to what they did with the cross after that nutnfancy video showing it constantly going off on its own

This video is concerning to me. Prior to it, I was really thinking the Sig P320 issues were so rare that it was just an excuse for finger on the trigger holstering.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    A few of you are too young to remember this happened before but with Glock. A couple might bet settled out of court with some $$$ go away money but most will get thrown out. Sig has advertised free upgrades to the 2017 and earlier guns that’s well advertised. No different than the older Ruger 3 screw with no transfer bar anyone over 35 should remember seeing those ads everywhere (like on par with the Cam Lejuine water lawsuits)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Once big money and the lawyers show up, I never know what to believe in these situations. People make up these product suits on a regular basis. Just look at the ladder industry. But it is no secret Sig has been using their customers as beta testers for some time. I am not saying they are the only ones to do that, but they are the one that affected me. I had 3 P320's that had to be sent back for the big recall. I have a P365 from about the same time period where the strikers were shattering that I haven't shot since that news came out. I have a Gen 1 MPX. I was promised new caliber kits, swappable barrels, etc. They had to go to Gen 2 pretty much making mine obsolete as far as all of the cool promised stuff.

Top Bottom