• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Wow, is it really this bad? I remember the problems initially with the inertia of the trigger causing guns to fire when dropped, but firing spontaneously inside holsters? Really?

Can they prove any of this? You would think it would have shown up in the military testing somewhere. Sig testing as well.

I found this but I think it's been fixed already.

Here is one that might show what's going on.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I really do think there is some kind of issue with the design whether Sig wants to admit to it or not. It was asked above about military seeing the issue, haven't seen anything about it. Makes you wonder if the military pistols have something different internally than the civilian versions which they don't list or make public?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If I don't see the video of the pistol going off in the holster, I don't believe the cop period. That being said the P320 is the ONLY striker fired gun that does not have any form of "trigger dingus" and I have had a sneaking suspicion for years that would have totally prevented these news stories.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If I don't see the video of the pistol going off in the holster, I don't believe the cop period. That being said the P320 is the ONLY striker fired gun that does not have any form of "trigger dingus" and I have had a sneaking suspicion for years that would have totally prevented these news stories.
    That should be easy enough to remedy if it is indeed a problem.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just think it's hilarious that with the millions and millions of units sold to the public, only cops seem to have this problem.

Just expected. Many lawsuits from cops against Glock when they were shooting themselves with Glocks instead of SIGs.

Note how the lawsuits cluster. In the Massachusetts suit she is just the latest in a string of suits among 2 Massachusetts towns.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Can they prove any of this? You would think it would have shown up in the military testing somewhere. Sig testing as well.

I found this but I think it's been fixed already.

Here is one that might show what's going on.

That second video really doesn't explain anything either. His criticism was with the firing pin safety and it's very short bit of travel but even if that was eliminated like a 1911 style firing pin safety it still doesn't explain how it would just go off. His explanation is that without the FPS it just takes a little pressure to pull the trigger which would be the gun working as designed. For this gun to just go off you have to have the FPS first disengage and then the sear to drop to release the striker, still not sure how all of that would happen?

Lpherr

Occupied
    I just think it's hilarious that with the millions and millions of units sold to the public, only cops seem to have this problem.
    It's not just police. There are many reports, and lawsuits over this weapon.
    I didn't learn of this, until after we purchased one for the Mrs.
    It isn't used for carry after finding a lot of the reports, and if it would be, it would be cold.
    I don't trust it, no matter what SIG or anyone else states.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I really do think there is some kind of issue with the design whether Sig wants to admit to it or not. It was asked above about military seeing the issue, haven't seen anything about it. Makes you wonder if the military pistols have something different internally than the civilian versions which they don't list or make public?
    They have a manual safety.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just expected. Many lawsuits from cops against Glock when they were shooting themselves with Glocks instead of SIGs.

Note how the lawsuits cluster. In the Massachusetts suit she is just the latest in a string of suits among 2 Massachusetts towns.
    Glocks were shooting so many of them they even developed the term Glock Leg. NO way I would ever trust a gun that had a name like that associated with it.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Not sure what to believe as gun accident reports get massaged heavily which muddy up the truth. However, if there is a design problem, the manufacturer should step up and do the right thing. German heritage indicates they will stay silent on the situation. Think VW deception.

I hope we get to the bottom of it though without loosing another gun company.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Not sure what to believe as gun accident reports get massaged heavily which muddy up the truth. However, if there is a design problem, the manufacturer should step up and do the right thing. German heritage indicates they will stay silent on the situation. Think VW deception.

I hope we get to the bottom of it though without loosing another gun company.
    You know, the same thought was in the back of my head. This is the kind of thing that has the potential to put a good gun manufacturer out of business. We surely do not need that.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    This comes up every couple of months. See this thread for details...I don't feel like typing it all again.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/sig-p320.515868/#post-8992589

Long story short, if you pull the trigger, either on purpose with your finger or inadvertently with some other object, the gun is going to discharge. That's how it's designed. And it's the same with any gun not equipped with a manual safety (and if you're depending on a manual safety to allow you to get away with pulling the trigger without discharging the gun, you're doing it wrong).

People are irresponsible and want to blame the gun for their own mistakes. Lawyers are scum and jump at the opportunity to profit from this. That's what's going on here. If there was a mechanical problem with the gun it would be repeatable and demonstrable like the original drop safety issue was. And with all the scrutiny it has received in the courts, someone would have accomplished it by now. To my knowledge, nobody has been able to do that. When they do, I'll believe it. Until then, it's just plaintiffs and lawyers trying to make a buck off their own irresponsible gun handling.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom