• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have been wanting to reduce overtravel in my Sig P320X Compact. I ordered a set of trigger stop pin bushings. Installing one wasn't a problem. The problem came when I tried to reinstall the trigger bar, trigger bar spring and trigger. The new way is to connect both legs of the trigger bar spring and reassemble. I fought with trying to fit the stud of the trigger into the hole of the trigger bar until my fingers were sore. The problem is that the "nose" of the OEM flat trigger is too long to allow easy fitting. I finally came across a good video:

Even with the video, I found the process difficult and decided to try an APEX flat trigger. After having installed the APEX flat trigger and trigger stop pin bushing, I bought off eBay, everything slipped into place without excess effort. The trigger bar sleeve significantly reduced trigger overtravel and the APEX trigger reduced the trigger pull weight, unexpectedly from about 5 lbs. 11 oz. to 4 lbs. 9 oz. (about a pound) as measured on a Wheeler Digital Trigger Pull Gauge. The APEX trigger leaves a gap in front of the trigger (see photo), but I don't foresee any problems. I just thought someone else might benefit from my experience. The first photo is of the X Compact with APEX trigger. The second shows the gap left after APEX trigger install. The third photo shows a stock Sig P320 Compact trigger.
    3JiZGVL.jpg

dNxkMRy.jpg

9Vm6U9O.jpg

Top Bottom