• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    So, continuing to practice/train with my Sigs. I’ve focused on using the P320 Compact for 90% of my carrying needs. I have been shooting the timed drills as posted before. Shaving time off. On some of them, the time is hard to shave any off of. Working on my reloading to shave time there too.

Attachments

• IMG_9938.jpeg
      IMG_9938.jpeg
      587.1 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_9943.jpeg
      IMG_9943.jpeg
      756.4 KB · Views: 5

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    This shows the differences in time from my original shooting of this drill with this pistol. The column second from left is the actual difference between each individual shot/drill. The bottom of that column shows the total time difference. A + number here means the time was faster.

Attachments

• IMG_9944.jpeg
      IMG_9944.jpeg
      250.9 KB · Views: 8

ImNoTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Which ones do you enjoy shooting the mosts out of all of them?
    Love the posts and info you provided. I am looking at possibly getting my first Sig and was thinking about 320 or m17/18

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Love the posts and info you provided. I am looking at possibly getting my first Sig and was thinking about 320 or m17/18
    It seems I have been carrying the compact the most. At this point, I’ve also shot it the most.
    Personally, I like the full size best. Just the feel of it pleases me, but that is really subjective to each of us.

I do not feel under gunned with either the MACRO or TACOPS though and, while I haven’t shot them as much, I think there really is something to be said for the compensated slide and quicker follow up shots. I haven’t really proven that though, again, subjective at this point.

They are both definitely easier on the waist than either of the P320’s.

I’m not a fan of external safeties on a CCW pistol, so, the M17/M18 for me isn’t a consideration and, at this point in my life, I don’t need another safe Queen! Haha

Thanks for the kind words, I’ll try to figure out exactly how much the time betters with the MACRO. Too early to tell yet though.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I have been carrying sigs exclusively for a decent while now. The good sigs though, with a hammer. The P229 is an incredible piece and very reliable. When you have the option of teutonic perfection with a double single trigger, how could I carry any of my lesser guns?

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I have been carrying sigs exclusively for a decent while now. The good sigs though, with a hammer. The P229 is an incredible piece and very reliable. When you have the option of teutonic perfection with a double single trigger, how could I carry any of my lesser guns?

Well, if your other pistols are 1911 AARP’s, I completely understand.

I’m quite handy with a DA/SA trigger. Not many are though. It was so difficult to figure out in our military that they went to a Sig striker fired pistol. I loved the P226 I used to have. Wife still owns one. Platinum model. Pretty thing.
    ;)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We have a gaggle of M17's, lots of poo-poo with striker fired with a manual safety on INGO. One thing that will not happen with a M18 or 18 is a discharge when reholstering with that safety flipped on.
    Its on the the reasons I went from almost a 40 year love affair with Sig 226's, 228's and 229's to my main carry a M17.

Sig Sauer out Glocked Glock with the manual safety and a better trigger.
    Message_1653351860846.jpg

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Range trip today. My Range Tech timer app closed by itself before I wrote the data down. Emailed the company but no response yet.
    I shot the traditional Dot Torture drill with the P320 Compact @5 yards with only 1 called miss. I have cleared this drill at this distance before but, not with this pistol.
    I also noticed something I’ve not experienced with any Sig striker fired guns until, I got the Wilson Combat grip frames. During regular firing, the slide locked back with rounds still in the mag. I’m 100% sure this was due to my grip. Gonna have to work on that with the pistols that have those grip frames.
    Has anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

• IMG_9947.jpeg
      IMG_9947.jpeg
      500.6 KB · Views: 1

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    During regular firing, the slide locked back with rounds still in the mag. I’m 100% sure this was due to my grip. Gonna have to work on that with the pistols that have those grip frames.
    I see this all the time with the Sig "X" grip modules. I've not tried a Wilson myself, but based on your photos the Wilson lacks the same thing that the Sig Factory "X" grips do....a plastic "fence" below the slide catch lever. This (and the squared-off blocky feel of the X-Grip) led me to ditch it in favor of the basic factory grip module, which does have a "fence" to protect the slide catch lever from inadvertent activation. It's a small thing, but it works. I'm not sure why Sig (and Wilson) didn't include it in their upmarket designs.

Not my photo, but you can clearly see what I'm talking about on the "base model" P320 grip pictured below:
    Sig-P320.jpg

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I see this all the time with the Sig "X" grip modules. I've not tried a Wilson myself, but based on your photos the Wilson lacks the same thing that the Sig Factory "X" grips do....a plastic "fence" below the slide catch lever. This (and the squared-off blocky feel of the X-Grip) led me to ditch it in favor of the basic factory grip module, which does have a "fence" to protect the slide catch lever from inadvertent activation. It's a small thing, but it works. I'm not sure why Sig (and Wilson) didn't include it in their upmarket designs.

Not my photo, but you can clearly see what I'm talking about on the "base model" P320 grip pictured below:
    View attachment 276999
    Yeah, never had it on the X grip frames but, certainly see your point. Good catch. For now, I moved my thumb over onto my support hand thumb knuckle. The WC grip frames win in every other category for me.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Range trip today. My Range Tech timer app closed by itself before I wrote the data down. Emailed the company but no response yet.
    I shot the traditional Dot Torture drill with the P320 Compact @5 yards with only 1 called miss. I have cleared this drill at this distance before but, not with this pistol.
    I also noticed something I’ve not experienced with any Sig striker fired guns until, I got the Wilson Combat grip frames. During regular firing, the slide locked back with rounds still in the mag. I’m 100% sure this was due to my grip. Gonna have to work on that with the pistols that have those grip frames.
    I only have Sig grip frames on my Sig P320's and P365. I shoot them a lot and don't have the slide lock back problem. I have noticed that my thumb would get in the way with some other autos and lock the slide back. Thanks for the info. I guess it's a good reason for me not to look to any aftermarket grip frames.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    So, I was walking by my safe the other day and I heard my P80’s calling to me to take them out and handle them!

In a firearms kinda way…..I backslid right then and there!

I donned one of my P80 holsters, double mag pouch and carried one on my 3 mile walk last night and my 5 mile walk today!

They say confession is good for the soul….so….

Why do choices have to be so hard? Lol

Attachments

• IMG_9607.jpeg
      IMG_9607.jpeg
      495.6 KB · Views: 6

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So, I was walking by my safe the other day and I heard my P80’s calling to me to take them out and handle them!

In a firearms kinda way…..I backslid right then and there!

I donned one of my P80 holsters, double mag pouch and carried one on my 3 mile walk last night and my 5 mile walk today!

They say confession is good for the soul….so….

Why do choices have to be so hard? Lol
    You made it longer than I did in Sig only carry

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Gotta agree about hearing voices passing by the safe. Mine called out...Snubby carry! Usually is a G45-9mm, or my Sig 226 9mm.
    I secured my bottom feeders, and stoked up my Taurus 856 with 38spec, not +P, hollowpoints. Threw an extra 6 in my pocket on a speed strip carrier.(fits in my jean shorts watch pocket).

Grabbed a polo to conceal OWB, and walked around house a few times.
    I kept hearing a mumble by the safe, so also got out my S&W M10-5, skinny bbl,4in, and put behind my hip IWB, leather holster with strong clip on to belt.Flipped the snubbie to crossdraw OWB, and now felt balanced.
    FYI: Speedloaders for 856/M10-5 work for both. Threw one on off pocket, with 158gr, 38Spec +P, covered all bases. 30 years back, carried 2 revolvers, duty weapons, as a Deputy Marshal.
    Never felt underarmed.
    PS: Sometimes you need to listen to the safe chatting. Brings fond memories back.

Top Bottom