• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pre-SHOT even though SIG will not be at SHOT this year, SIG has announced that their NGSW submission will be available as a Title I commercial off the shelf purchase in .277 Furry (6.8 X 51).

sig-ngsw.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pre-SHOT even though SIG will not be at SHOT this year, SIG has announced that their NGSW submission will be available as a Title I commercial off the shelf purchase in .277 Furry (6.8 X 51).

sig-ngsw.jpg

Must be primarily a hunting round?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

sig-ngsw.jpg

You'll need that lawyer money to afford one though (7999.00)

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    They have a 6.5CM and a .308 version in the works. Those will be hot items. I had been considering a SCAR now that they have the NRCH, but this might have just supplanted it.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville

sig-ngsw.jpg

I own many Sig pistols and rifles. The quality is top notch!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's already priced, at least these 'first editions' but at 8K, don't count on other versions really being that affordable.

I like how the sig rep made sure to insist it'd be affordable, and then it releases at $8k.

At that point, might as well just buy a barrett.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    So an 8,000$ rifle with proprietary ammo….

vs what? A 6.5 creedmor patterned ar that cost 1/4th that price?

hmmmm let me think about that one…

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I like how the sig rep made sure to insist it'd be affordable, and then it releases at $8k.

At that point, might as well just buy a barrett.
    I think this initial package comes with the suppressor plus other things but we'll have to wait to see what they consider affordable.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    It's an $8k current military trials rifle that fires a $4/round hybrid cased round. Said round produces 80k psi of chamber pressure, propelling a 135gr projo to 3000 fps out of a 16 inch barrel; nothing like a 2-3 case barrel life.
    This release was never for the average joe blow. It's the deep pocketed, early adopting, militaria collector. If it gets picked up by the .Gov don't expect it to get cheaper.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's an $8k current military trials rifle that fires a $4/round hybrid cased round. Said round produces 80k psi of chamber pressure, propelling a 135gr projo to 3000 fps out of a 16 inch barrel; nothing like a 2-3 case barrel life.
    This release was never for the average joe blow. It's the deep pocketed, early adopting, militaria collector. If it gets picked up by the .Gov don't expect it to get cheaper.

If it gets .gov contracts, production will have to be spooled up, and thanks to the scaling infrastructure, it would become much cheaper.

AR15s were pretty expensive at release too.

Top Bottom