• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Fox 59 News just reported Holcomb is shutting down Indianapolis next week because he’s worried about activists (my adjective).
    From a casual observer standpoint it seems a little suspect he is just now taking that position in light of all that has gone on up until now.

I’m sure downtown eateries will accept this action as a necessity to protect life and property. Soon, however, there won’t be any food establishments left downtown so it will be a non factor for that industry.

“First they came for the. . . .. . . .. . . .”

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I caught a bit of a report on WTHR about businesses planning on boarding up downtown in anticipation of "violent demonstrations" on Wednesday. I hadn't heard about Holcomb doing anything (until now).

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I rolled through downtown Indy yesterday at about 4:30 in the afternoon. Not sure it could get any more shut down, from the looks of things.
    Used to work downtown until the rona. I've been down a handful of times over the latter 3/4 of last year and it's always dead.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is about the Government Center (Statehouse, Government Center North and South) shutting down:

INDIANAPOLIS – The state government complex is closing to the public ahead of the inauguration as officials monitor recent national events, threats to other state capitols and COVID-19 restrictions.

Governor Eric Holcomb made the announcement Friday, citing the safety and security of state employees and the public. While there have been no credible threats against the statehouse, the FBI has warned of the potential for violence at all state capitols and has said it is tracking an “ extensive amount of concerning online chatter, ” including calls for armed protests.

“The safety and security of our state employees and the Hoosiers who use our state services are always top of mind,” Gov. Holcomb said. “After an evaluation with public safety leaders, we have decided to err on the side of caution and close the state government complex to the public. Hoosiers will still be able to access essential state services online, on the phone, or in-person at branches around the state.”

The Statehouse will close for the weekend and Monday in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The Statehouse will remain closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The more they lock down, the more they chip away at their own credibility and push people to rebel.

I say bring on the lockdowns, in the long game they're the one who's going to lose something valuable.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Holcomb is closing the State Office building and State Capitol on Tuesday and Wednesday, NOT the City of Indianapolis.
    I really didn’t mean to imply that Holcomb was shutting down the entire city. However, is there no spill over from any sort of crowd gathering that relates to people getting hungry and looking for a restaurant ? Last I looked the State Capitol is in the City of Indianapolis.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Fox 59 News just reported Holcomb is shutting down Indianapolis next week because he’s worried about activists (my adjective).
    From a casual observer standpoint it seems a little suspect he is just now taking that position in light of all that has gone on up until now.

I’m sure downtown eateries will accept this action as a necessity to protect life and property. Soon, however, there won’t be any food establishments left downtown so it will be a non factor for that industry.

“First they came for the. . . .. . . .. . . .”
    You mean the ones they didn’t burn

Top Bottom