• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Same story in Henryville (near Louisville)...

...Damned bad stuff.

I've got some SHTF supplies to give, has anyone started a collection yet?

-Paul

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    lucky for me the storm ran outta gas before it got here.

A little west of here in ripley co. near versailles, holton got hit pretty hard.
    I'll pray for those who need it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yep, the S has hit the F for a lot of those folks...to the point of probably wiping out even some of their SHTF supplies and plans. Gonna take a lot of neighborly help to get back on their feet again.

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    prayers for all involved.. the pics on tv show it to look awful.
    On a more personal note, does anyone know of any plans for folks to go down and assist? I don't know that I have any special skills but would be interested and willing to go help where I could.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And it's going to get worse (as more reports come in)

If you're able to help...help. Just don't get in the way.

I've already contacted our church to see who I might contact to put together a "spring break work trip".

I also have a bag of clothes that are now too big for me. Mostly size XXL T-shirts and some sweatshirts. If anyone knows of an affected man that can wear them, I will do what I can to get those clothes passed on. Please PM me and let me know.

-J-

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    And it's going to get worse (as more reports come in)

If you're able to help...help. Just don't get in the way.

I've already contacted our church to see who I might contact to put together a "spring break work trip".

I also have a bag of clothes that are now too big for me. Mostly size XXL T-shirts and some sweatshirts. If anyone knows of an affected man that can wear them, I will do what I can to get those clothes passed on. Please PM me and let me know.

-J-

I've already seen some FB messages from others at our church. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    If you go down with chainsaws, PLEASE be very careful Working on storm downed trees is way worse than ordinary firewood cutting and emergency services are already strained. I am on the training advisory committee for the IDHS and one thing we've kicked around is chainsaw training for disaster responders since the last thing the disaster needs is more injured folks. Remember some trees may contain live power lines that you can't see.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    If you go down with chainsaws, PLEASE be very careful Working on storm downed trees is way worse than ordinary firewood cutting and emergency services are already strained. I am on the training advisory committee for the IDHS and one thing we've kicked around is chainsaw training for disaster responders since the last thing the disaster needs is more injured folks. Remember some trees may contain live power lines that you can't see.

This. Can't agree more. I've seen storm downed trees create multiple "spring poles" (saplings bent over from the impact of a fallen tree) These store a huge amount of kinetic energy and can release it violently when the restraining fallen trees are removed. I've seen one break a man's spine like a matchstick. BE CAREFULL

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Some family friends took about $100 in bottled water & food to the temporary shelter that was set up at Charlestown High School and the Red Cross said they couldn't accept the donation - had to come from Goodwill or Salvation Army.

I want to help tomorrow, but Louisville news is pretty much telling folks to STAY AWAY...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Got lucky I missed it in Floyd's knobs, prayers to all family's.

Not to make light of the damage and families dealing with it but Floyd's Knob always makes me laugh a bit.

I was watching the news a little and saw the path of the storms. I was kind of surprised that a cousin in Tennessee hadn't commented on it but she was in DC.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom