• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Has anyone thought about this problem? It will definitely come up. Broken teeth, crowns falling out, fillings need to be refilled with a good dental cement not that temp stuff. No doubt teeth will need pulled as well.

So what do you have to put crowns back on or refill teeth that fillings have come out permanently no temporary Dentek stuff. Also what about actually pulling teeth?

Am I late to this party? Has another thread touched on this already?

1631764079133.png

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Find an attractive young dentist, wine and dine, marry before they get second thoughts. Have proper tools and equipment to clean out the office they work at as the S is hitting the fan. Charge all your neighbors food and ammo for dental care after SHTF

This, folks, this is the sort of genius thinking outside the box we should all be striving for.

Seriously, though, yes I've thought about it. I really ought to get my wisdom teeth out but I've been chicken about it for decades and will probably continue to be chicken about it. I go back and forth between "get it taken care of while you can" vs "you could be hit by a train before they bother you and have gone through it for nothing."

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    As my mother used to say, "Be true to your teeth and your teeth won't be false to you."

While this doesn't concern me as much as some other things, still having well-behaved wisdom teeth and never a cavity, we still have "Where There is no Dentist" in our library. We have found some simple tooth kits - like the one with tweezers, gauze and clove oil - to be helpful in several situations, including dry sockets from wisdom teeth removal.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This, folks, this is the sort of genius thinking outside the box we should all be striving for.

Seriously, though, yes I've thought about it. I really ought to get my wisdom teeth out but I've been chicken about it for decades and will probably continue to be chicken about it. I go back and forth between "get it taken care of while you can" vs "you could be hit by a train before they bother you and have gone through it for nothing."
    I've had mine removed they put me out for it. I didn't feel much that day it was the next morning when the pain hit.

Don't forget good teeth still get broken in fights, falls, and other weird accidents. The need to have a proper plan for your teeth could save you and the family a lot of pain later on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    depending on what exactly needs done, it could be hard for one to work on one's own tooth/teeth. Imagine the pain one would have to endure in the days before formal dentistry. Also what about correcting vision? I stock up on glasses and contacts but eyeballs and vision change. If there were no source for new lenses...

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    depending on what exactly needs done, it could be hard for one to work on one's own tooth/teeth. Imagine the pain one would have to endure in the days before formal dentistry. Also what about correcting vision? I stock up on glasses and contacts but eyeballs and vision change. If there were no source for new lenses...
    This, to me, is the inherent challenge with prepping. If something happened that caused a very long-term disruption to daily life, no amount of stocks will help you. You can’t stock enough meds, enough food, enough whatever. Skills will be the deciding factor. That, and mental toughness. I think prepping is great for short-term problems, but anything longer than a year and we will all be in the same boat. Now, if you have a lot of land with water and woods and room to grow, you will fair somewhat better. Medications will still be a problem.

Last edited:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have kept all my old glasses, and our insurance will pay for a new pair every two years, and new lenses every year. Unfortunately some of them don't work too well any more, but 5 or 6 still do. I look for frames that are easily repaired and don't involve a lot of plastics. Sometimes I have to go to eBay to get them.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    I'd imagine there would be a whole lot of pain involved. People don't realize tooth infections can get nasty QUICK and have a nasty habit of spreading through your body. Worst part is, antibiotics don't touch It because they're carried by the blood, and tooth infections are typically minimally fed by the blood, allowing the infections to hide.

Top Bottom