• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Hadn’t seen that update. Last 1 I saw was just correcting driver and who crossed center line. Only pix I have seen were on initial broadcasts after it happened and gave me impression Rav 4 was exiting south side and other driver was entering, so that was incorrect apparently.
    Yes, there was an 'official' media presentation, yesterday (Friday, 08/05) that, basically, reversed everything we were told on Thursday when the accident occurred! They reviewed a few witnesses and, apparently, there was some sort of 'minor' video that showed vehicle positions just prior to the accident (I have not seen anything other than the verbal statements) that changed the narrative.
    As a former volunteer EMT, with 24 years' experience, I can tell you that for every incident scene that I was actually on, if the media got it 1/2 right, that was amazing! Typically, we'd watch the news a few hours after the accident and comment about how 'that wasn't even close' as to what really transpired, or 'they missed the most important factor', etc.!

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Yes, there was an 'official' media presentation, yesterday (Friday, 08/05) that, basically, reversed everything we were told on Thursday when the accident occurred! They reviewed a few witnesses and, apparently, there was some sort of 'minor' video that showed vehicle positions just prior to the accident (I have not seen anything other than the verbal statements) that changed the narrative.
    As a former volunteer EMT, with 24 years' experience, I can tell you that for every incident scene that I was actually on, if the media got it 1/2 right, that was amazing! Typically, we'd watch the news a few hours after the accident and comment about how 'that wasn't even close' as to what really transpired, or 'they missed the most important factor', etc.!
    I read yesterdays Goshen News this morning after I posted. The correction was there, basically what you just said. I wasn’t EMT but 20 years on VFD and we ran on 1050 PI’s. Know/agree re: your references to speed factors, media, etc.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I read yesterday's Goshen News this morning after I posted. The correction was there, basically what you just said. I wasn’t EMT but 20 years on VFD and we ran on 1050 PI’s. Know/agree re: your references to speed factors, media, etc.
    VFD...definitely qualifies as experience and understanding!
    Thank you for your service...the world needs more service-oriented individuals!

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    VFD...definitely qualifies as experience and understanding!
    Thank you for your service...the world needs more service-oriented individuals!
    Thank You, don’t know that I deserve. But I agree more service oriented are needed. FD, Lions, Lake Assoc. ASCS,, etc. - about every office in them, BODs, committees, representative; church, even our gun club…our generation knew the value and need of volunteers and people that will take part to help where they can. Small, rural communities there value was/is priceless and much needed. Each following generation seems to be much less so. Now seems no organization can get enough help and enough young blood, don’t care ( let someone else do it ) or no time. Us old guys can’t do it always anymore and our numbers are decreasing. My experience. YMMV

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom