Should the Second Amendment apply to Biden voters? Should gun businesses refuse to serve people who voted Biden

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I apologize, I have not had time or the patience, to read all of the comments.
    That said, the 2A applies to the GOVERNMENT'S being restricted, not individuals being restricted from denying or restricting the 2A rights of U.S. CITIZENS.
    Read more closely. The 2nd Amendment says people rather than citizens. When a right is for citizens only, the Constitution says citizens (e.g. 15th Amendment).

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Careful there. You'll be making the argument that the gun grabbers always use. That the 2A was only talking about muzzle loaders.
    No, it's the argument that it's a natural right rather than a right granted by a government.

If it's a natural right, then it can't be denied on the basis of citizenship. It's a right of people, not citizens.

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    So I was browsing the news a few days ago and I noticed an uproar caused by gun stores either refusing to sell ammo and guns to Biden voters or asking the buyer who they voted for. This got me thinking about if people who vote Biden should enjoy the same rights that Americans are supposed to enjoy, and do you think other businesses should also follow the path of refusing to offer service to people who vote Biden?

On one hand, the argument could be made that the Second Amendment is supposed to be a right that is guaranteed to all Americans, and thus the private sector shouldn't be allowed to infringe on it. On the other hand, people who vote Biden are (either directly or indirectly) causing business to get worse in the future, and thus you have every right to refuse to serve individuals which pose a significant threat to your livelihood.

Discuss.

How would you know how the voted for??? some dems. are pro gun,, they just fell for the line of crape

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Camping Josh,
    There's an intent to protect the republic's government from people who haven't yet had time to join in. If that wisdom doesn't fit the immediate politics of today then I'd reference you to Benjamin Franklin's rejoinder from long ago, "a republic if you can keep it".
    If you don't keep it then you're going to wither under what you allow.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Camping Josh,
    There's an intent to protect the republic's government from people who haven't yet had time to join in. If that wisdom doesn't fit the immediate politics of today then I'd reference you to Benjamin Franklin's rejoinder from long ago, "a republic if you can keep it".
    If you don't keep it then you're going to wither under what you allow.
    Participating in government (voting, serving on a jury, running for office, etc.) is for citizens. Natural rights are for people regardless of citizenship. The right to keep and bear arms is a natural right.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    A vastly deep topic but I will try to make this short.

Yes

BUT I highly agree with private businesses serving who they wish. (Completely. Full stop)

if a “anti-what-I-believe” supporter makes it known, a private business should be able to stop or proceed business as they wish.
    As a business, you do the same thing during interviews with past judgement and decision for the potential employee.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Participating in government (voting, serving on a jury, running for office, etc.) is for citizens. Natural rights are for people regardless of citizenship. The right to keep and bear arms is a natural right.
    I completely agree. It’s a natural right as much as breathing, eating, and ****tng is. It also a business owner’s right to look Biden voters square in the eye and say **** you. Probably that’s not the best business model and they’ll not accomplish much other than confirming whatever negative attitude they had against Trump supporters to begin with.

Maybe some gun owning Biden voters will not like what Joe’s done with the place in 3 or so years of more division, more cancel culture, more woke social requirements, more insane spending, and way less that they can do with a dollar than today, and more importantly, way fewer guns in their safes because Uncle Joe don’t think you need an AR. And maybe they’ll pull a different lever—wait. Who am I kidding. They don’t pull levers, silly, they mark boxes on paper with crayons and mail it in.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I completely agree. It’s a natural right as much as breathing, eating, and ****tng is. It also a business owner’s right to look Biden voters square in the eye and say **** you. Probably that’s not the best business model and they’ll not accomplish much other than confirming whatever negative attitude they had against Trump supporters to begin with.

Maybe some gun owning Biden voters will not like what Joe’s done with the place in 3 or so years of more division, more cancel culture, more woke social requirements, more insane spending, and way less that they can do with a dollar than today, and more importantly, way fewer guns in their safes because Uncle Joe don’t think you need an AR. And maybe they’ll pull a different lever—wait. Who am I kidding. They don’t pull levers, silly, they mark boxes on paper with crayons and mail it in.
    Hopefully next time the Republican Party nominates a candidate who intends to violate fewer natural rights than Biden. I didn't see it that way in the last election.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hopefully next time the Republican Party nominates a candidate who intends to violate fewer natural rights than Biden. I didn't see it that way in the last election.
    I think a lot of that is perception. Back in that thread that was deleted, where you explained what you thought "Trumpism" means, I thought most of that was also perception. I'm not saying my viewpoint isn't perception. I think people vote for the candidate closest to their tribe and allow all kinds of excuses for their tribe that they wouldn't allow for another, or will have all kinds of criticisms that they wouldn't have for the other.

It's still too early in his term to have any time to violate natural rights, but he speaks openly of what he plans to do to violate people's rights. You could probably list all the natural rights you think Trump violated. And I think he has done that. And I could list all the natural rights I think Biden is saying he will violate and I think my list is way longer than yours.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I think a lot of that is perception. Back in that thread that was deleted, where you explained what you thought "Trumpism" means, I thought most of that was also perception. I'm not saying my viewpoint isn't perception. I think people vote for the candidate closest to their tribe and allow all kinds of excuses for their tribe that they wouldn't allow for another, or will have all kinds of criticisms that they wouldn't have for the other.

It's still too early in his term to have any time to violate natural rights, but he speaks openly of what he plans to do to violate people's rights. You could probably list all the natural rights you think Trump violated. And I think he has done that. And I could list all the natural rights I think Biden is saying he will violate and I think my list is way longer than yours.
    It definitely depends on perception. But I will say again that 2020 was the first time I've ever voted for a Democrat for a national office, so Biden isn't exactly my tribe.

I chose to vote for harm reduction. For as much as Biden wants to violate--and there's a lot--I don't that he's intent on genocide. Trump was actively conducting genocide according to the U.N. definition.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It definitely depends on perception. But I will say again that 2020 was the first time I've ever voted for a Democrat for a national office, so Biden isn't exactly my tribe.

I chose to vote for harm reduction. For as much as Biden wants to violate--and there's a lot--I don't that he's intent on genocide. Trump was actively conducting genocide according to the U.N. definition.
    Genocide? Dude, that’s just plain nutty. I think we’re gonna need a sanity test here.

Do you think Trump is any more racist than the Joe Biden?

Do you think Trump is a white nationalist?

Do you think Trump is any more divisive than Joe Biden?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Trump was actively conducting genocide according to the U.N. definition.
    Huhh? Is this a joke, or a delusion?

From Webster's Genocide
    "the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group"

So who did President Trump kill in droves?
    Those persons or nation's who make war against a nation who's forces you command, don't count. They asked for it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Genocide? I don't know what you've been smoking but you really should stop.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Can nobody click the link?

Trump very intentionally did at least two of the five, and there's an argument for four. His policy of keeping immigrants in Mexico was for the purpose of avoiding constitutionally-mandated recognition of their natural rights.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s astonishing what people choose to believe just on the word of partisans. Claiming someone is committing genocide is an extraordinary claim and should require extraordinary evidence to prove it.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can nobody click the link?

Trump very intentionally did at least two of the five, and there's an argument for four. His policy of keeping immigrants in Mexico was for the purpose of avoiding constitutionally-mandated recognition of their natural rights.
    :scratch:

prove it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Are you actually serious in this statement.

Every day I see deeper into the dark side that stage 4 TDS drives people into.

I would ask what the heck you are even doing in this forum.

Mother of God we are doomed.

Top Bottom