• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    So I was going to wait until I heard about it on the news to post something, but I haven't seen any articles related yet. Early Saturday, around three, I awoke to a noise I wasn't sure of. Outside of my girlfriend's apartment in the middle of Fishers, not 30 seconds away from the police station, a party had been going all night across the street, with lots of cars and people. I assumed I had woken up to the sound of their music, until I heard another that sounded remarkably like gunshots. Naked and confused, looked out the window to see multiple people on the street, one of whom had a handgun with green pulsing laser, and this man was pointing the laser at a person or two. I don't know if any shots were directed at another person, but a second later I saw muzzle flashes, pop,pop, poppoppoppoppop. Don't know how many rounds were fired, but more than 7. After the first one or two muzzle flashes I saw, I started loading a magazine(unloaded from going to the range) and loaded my commander. My girlfriends brother came to the door, and told me a guy was shooting outside. I woke up my girlfriend(still asleep) and moved her the furthest away from the window as I could. After checking that everyone in the apartment was ok, we watched as about 10-15 police cars blocked off the street. Evidently the guy ran, and the sound of a helicopter was heard. The next day, the dive team was diving the lake within our complex. Much thanks to the Fishers police department for responding so quickly, I really hope they got the guy. I was becoming a little too complacent with my surroundings, and now will always have a loaded gun on the bedside table. Always remember, it can happen anywhere, and your boogeyman might not be using a lorcin or Jennings, he might be using a reliable fullsize gun with accessories that could give him an advantage if you aren't prepared. Stay safe and aware!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Wow, sounds intense. Glad nothing came your way. Sounds like you won't be leaving your HD gun unloaded anymore. A couple of questions though:
    1. Did the police question you at all since you were a witness?
    2. Was it weird for your GF's brother to see you naked?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I live a few blocks from 38th street hearing gunshots is fairly normal. One reason I started getting into guns is BC last new years eve I learned how armed my hood is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow, sounds intense. Glad nothing came your way. Sounds like you won't be leaving your HD gun unloaded anymore. A couple of questions though:
    1. Did the police question you at all since you were a witness?
    2. Was it weird for your GF's brother to see you naked?

They questioned a lot of the party-goers. The shooter was identified, but I am unsure if he was located.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Same thing happened about a week ago in Muncie, right outside of my daughters house! The girls said they heard several shots. I turned on a scanner and only heard that one person was shot through his car window. No news whatsoever, radio, t.v., or campus newspaper! :n00b:
    Saw at least twenty cars respond, then within just a few minutes, they were all gone.
    Scary thinking that a stray bullet could have easily made its way to or through my daughters house!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    I was expecting the police to question us because it happened literally right on the street oustide our apartment, but evidently they had enough witnesses at the party. We tried calling 911, rang 10 times, we Hung up, they never returned the call. Hah, it wasn't that wierd, as he was naked too! Guess he had been taking a bath at the time. Yea, I've been over to 38th on the westside, girlschool road, and I ain't never going back, but kudos to you for putting up with it. This is (supposedly) a rare thing around here.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    Same thing happened about a week ago in Muncie, right outside of my daughters house! The girls said they heard several shots. I turned on a scanner and only heard that one person was shot through his car window. No news whatsoever, radio, t.v., or campus newspaper! :n00b:
    Saw at least twenty cars respond, then within just a few minutes, they were all gone.
    Scary thinking that a stray bullet could have easily made its way to or through my daughters house!

Very glad to hear your daughter was ok, I was worried about the same thing at the time, as it was so close, literally 30-35 yards out the window.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ok now to the REAL MYSTERY, how in the he!! Did the handle "1911" (the OP) manage to not be taken before dec 11???

Perhaps everyone up to that point considered it so obvious they didn't even try?

As for the issue, and the lack of reporting, I have noticed that it has become increasingly common for local media outlets to refrain from reporting crime. I guess that is the easiest way to assuage the concerns in the community regarding crime--far easier than actually solving crimes, apprehending perpetrators and preventing them from continuing to ply their trade in the community.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Ok now to the REAL MYSTERY, how in the he!! Did the handle "1911" (the OP) manage to not be taken before dec 11???

1911's are kind of a new thing. They weren't really popular until earlier this year. He must have picked that name right before they got really popular. :dunno:

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    1911's are kind of a new thing. They weren't really popular until earlier this year. He must have picked that name right before they got really popular. :dunno:
    Been lurking this site for 5 or 6 years before becoming a member, maybe the internet gods decided I deserved it:)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Very glad to hear your daughter was ok, I was worried about the same thing at the time, as it was so close, literally 30-35 yards out the window.

Thanks, and the same to you!
    This was about 100 yards from her house. I am staying with her while I am building her a couple rooms. I only heard the last two shots after three college girls came running out of one of the bedrooms (they had the window open, same side of house as the gunshots,so they heard it very clearly).
    I just think its strange that I never heard anything about it, especially concerned that (afaik) it wasn't reported in the campus news! We're probably about a mile off campus, and there has been several armed robberies on pedestrians in the immediate area in the last few weeks!

Top Bottom