• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Couldn't find any mention of this in the last two or three years but does anyone know of a useful shot timer app for an Android phone? I downloaded a couple but neither worked.. I do have a shot timer but don't carry it to the range every time I go and would like one that us usable on my phone.
    Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I tried several. None worked reliably. Dont waste your time. If anything buy one of the fancy small ones like these. They tuck in your range bag and disappear.

https://www.amg-lab.com/ (this one pairs with Practiscore for auto entering shooter stats)

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Gunshots (and echos) often overwhelm the mic on phones. I tried a couple apps a while back before just buying one. either inconsistent or lots of customization/settings/fiddling to make it function and then it's not really repeatable unless you have the same settings on the same phone in the same position all the time (meaning you get some fraction of a second different time whether it's on your right hip or left or on the bench or which side of the gun it's on. The phone mic just isn't designed for this kind of use/sound.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I use one called Splits-shot timer. It worked better on my old phone, and would only work if I was the only one shooting.

I use one called Dry Fire Par Time Tracker for dry firing also

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll second SPLITS. I actually paid for the upgrade. It works really well for me. I have a Pixel 3.

Lot's of options too. I think it was under $5.

Screenshot_20210503-113125.png

Top Bottom