• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've got a 6.5" barrel on my model 44. I was wondering if its possible to find a 4" barrel for that revolver. Is it as simple as screwing the old off and screwing the new on? Are there replacement barrels for these guns? I'm not to great on searching for parts. I did find a stainless steel at Numrich but sold out. Are there other parts stores that may carry this barrel?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Unscrew old barrel and replacement barrel will need the frame mating surface cut to get barrel to index properly when torqued to proper torque.
    The barrel/cylinder gap will then need to be adjusted by removing barrel and recutting it to move barrel back if gap is to big.
    If gap is to tight back of barrel (forcing cone area) will need to be cut to set the gap and forcing cone recut.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Unscrew old barrel and replacement barrel will need the frame mating surface cut to get barrel to index properly when torqued to proper torque.
    The barrel/cylinder gap will then need to be adjusted by removing barrel and recutting it to move barrel back if gap is to big.
    If gap is to tight back of barrel (forcing cone area) will need to be cut to set the gap and forcing cone recut.
    So definitely a gunsmith job. Thanks for the reply.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Or, have the barrel cut down and a new front sight added. Fermin Garza makes some great replacement sights that could be screwed or soldered to your shorter tube.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Or, have the barrel cut down and a new front sight added. Fermin Garza makes some great replacement sights that could be screwed or soldered to your shorter tube.
    I vote for this. Cut it down, recrown, and blacksmith the sight back in place.

Top Bottom