• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    [FONT=&amp]I recently purchased this Rockpals 288AH/350W pure sine wave solar generator, which is currently on sale for $179.90 shipped with coupon code SAVE100. The unit is made in China and has one AC output, three USB-A and one USB-C outputs...all of which are 'upside down' compared to what we usually see in the United States. It weighs 8lb, comes with AC and DC 'cigarette plug' charging cables, and can be charged from a small (60 watt or less) solar panel. Battery state of charge is displayed via a four-segment battery, instead of a percentage which I would have preferred. From full discharge, the unit will take 5 hours to fully charge with AC, DC, or a *full* 60W solar input.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]With AC power on and no load, the Kill-A-Watt Meter shows a consistent 110.6V. With three fans pulling a combined 340W, just below 350W rated output, voltage output was low-mid 109V.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]With 288 amp-hours of storage, it will power our family room entertainment stand (43" Vizio smart TV, cable box, cable modem, wifi router, and cordless phone base) for over 3 hours or just the cable modem/router for over 7 hours. It'll run our modern bottom freezer refrigerator or two 20" 6100CFM floor fans for one hour, or one 20" 2500CFM box fan for three hours.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]In an age where we are increasingly dependent upon electronics, and grid power is increasingly unreliable (cough California cough) something like this is a small, lightweight, and fairly inexpensive way to provide a modicum of power for camping, power outages, etc. that 1. requires no gasoline, 2. generates no noise, and 3. can be recharged via solar panel.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I can't speak about longevity of this Rockpals unit, but so far it seems to provide immense value at the sale price.
    [/FONT]

5LoDLMM.jpg

DvwjmlW.jpg

sctjmKj.jpg

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Yes, it still works well....my 7 year old loves it for his "experiments"!

Like so many things these days, newer models have more features - I'd prefer the display show state of charge as a percentage instead of bars but overall I'm quite pleased at the capability for the cost.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have the 300w version and also can say only positive things. So far it's just seen light use. But the solar charging works, and the unit output does everything I need it to.

Top Bottom