• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Did a little shooting tonight in my state of the art basement airgun range. My shooting lane is a lengthy 13 yards long and the target tonight was an Olympic 10m pistol target. My rifle is a pre-war .177 Diana 27 and was made from the 1920's into the 30's. This style of rifle is what's sometimes referred to as a militia rifle (no forehead or one piece stock). Tonight I used Beeman Bearcub 8.04 gr. round nosed pellets. These were propelled out of the barrel at a blistering speed of 536 fps producing an incredible 5.2 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy! I was shooting off hand and fiddling with the rear sight trying to dial it in with these pellets. There are two separate groups, upper right and center of the target.
    IMG_5907.jpeg
    tempImage69Unuv.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Oct 9, 2010
    That is a neat looking gun.

I would put it farther away from the pool table, though. Is it similar vintage, by any chance?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Did a little shooting tonight in my state of the art basement airgun range. My shooting lane is a lengthy 13 yards long and the target tonight was an Olympic 10m pistol target. My rifle is a pre-war .177 Diana 27 and was made from the 1920's into the 30's. This style of rifle is what's sometimes referred to as a militia rifle (no forehead or one piece stock). Tonight I used Beeman Bearcub 8.04 gr. round nosed pellets. These were propelled out of the barrel at a blistering speed of 536 fps producing an incredible 5.2 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy! I was shooting off hand and fiddling with the rear sight trying to dial it in with these pellets. There are two separate groups, upper right and center of the target.
    View attachment 178073
    View attachment 178074

Some cool stuff right there!!!

Top Bottom