• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    What if we re-route this and stay out of Bloomington? Have lunch at a mom and pops place somewhere? I don't want to cause too many changes, but if we avoid B-town we might save ourselves a lot of headache and possibilities of being split up. I also don't know that area at all so I can't recommend any restaurants.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Also, due to the heat that we have been enduring the past few weeks, How would you guys feel about doing this in September? August is usually brutal so I would hope for a little bit of a cool down in September

Elfboy26

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    September is better for me as far as time goes. My August is pretty booked. I agree about the heat. I haven't ridden as much as I usually do this summer.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I think September is good. Also on the route I would make one minor change. US 31 from 465 to Franklin would be a crap load of stop lights. I propose getting off at SR37 from 465 and taking it down to SR144 to Franklin then down 31. Would be quicker and a lot less stop and go. 144 is also a little curvy. Just my 2 cents

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I think September is good. Also on the route I would make one minor change. US 31 from 465 to Franklin would be a crap load of stop lights. I propose getting off at SR37 from 465 and taking it down to SR144 to Franklin then down 31. Would be quicker and a lot less stop and go. 144 is also a little curvy. Just my 2 cents

I second this. Too many stops which could potentially split all of us up.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I PM'd Guy about having us at ECPR again this year, but he hasn't responded. I'll message him again or maybe call him when we have some more details lined up.

Dirtebiker suggested adding Indy Trading Post to the list of ranges instead of doubling up at ECPR. It's on the south side of Indy, so we can finish the ride here and save some time by not going all the way back to ECPR. I like the new route that avoids Bloomington. Construction is running rampant and driving through would be a nightmare.

Avoiding Bloomington opens the floor for restaurant suggestions along the proposed route. I'll suggest an excellent restaurant in Nashville, Big Woods Brewery. There was an INGO Meet & Greet there back in February and it was great. Food is amazing, they have good beer (and root beer), and the hospitality is top notch. Check out some pictures taken by yours truly... CLICKY

Another option for food is Hickory Hills Barbecue, a little shack of a restaurant a mile south of the Atterbury range. Good bbq, they smoke everything there themselves. It's a cheaper (and faster) alternative. This would make for a little earlier lunch also.

Dirtebiker also suggested a cookout in the parking lot of ITP at the end of the ride. Lunch, dinner, three shooting ranges, and 120+ miles of riding... Are there even that many hours in the day?

Finally, I made suggested revisions to the revised map. This has an accurate location for ECPR, it ends at ITP, avoids Bloomington, and doesn't stay on US31 the whole way to Atterbury. INGO ride v2.2

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country

I second this. Too many stops which could potentially split all of us up.

I PM'd Guy about having us at ECPR again this year, but he hasn't responded. I'll message him again or maybe call him when we have some more details lined up.

Dirtebiker suggested adding Indy Trading Post to the list of ranges instead of doubling up at ECPR. It's on the south side of Indy, so we can finish the ride here and save some time by not going all the way back to ECPR. I like the new route that avoids Bloomington. Construction is running rampant and driving through would be a nightmare.

Avoiding Bloomington opens the floor for restaurant suggestions along the proposed route. I'll suggest an excellent restaurant in Nashville, Big Woods Brewery. There was an INGO Meet & Greet there back in February and it was great. Food is amazing, they have good beer (and root beer), and the hospitality is top notch. Check out some pictures taken by yours truly... CLICKY

Another option for food is Hickory Hills Barbecue, a little shack of a restaurant a mile south of the Atterbury range. Good bbq, they smoke everything there themselves. It's a cheaper (and faster) alternative. This would make for a little earlier lunch also.

Dirtebiker also suggested a cookout in the parking lot of ITP at the end of the ride. Lunch, dinner, three shooting ranges, and 120+ miles of riding... Are there even that many hours in the day?

Finally, I made suggested revisions to the revised map. This has an accurate location for ECPR, it ends at ITP, avoids Bloomington, and doesn't stay on US31 the whole way to Atterbury. INGO ride v2.2

Crap! That was my fault, I didn't want to take either 31 or 37, I think the plan was to take 65 down to Edinburgh that way. I fixed it. I think 37 and 31 would both have way too many stop lights and risk splitting us up. If ITP is cool with doing something like that I am all about it! I think waiting to eat that late may be a little too late, but then again it would be our last stop.

Let's try this:

Shooters n Scooters Route #3

It takes us through all the twists of the previous few routes and ends us a ITP.

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    OK so looking through the suggestions of dates, I believe that the best for all will be September 15th. I understand that there was one person who said they usually work on Saturdays, I'm sorry about that but I think the best for the majority would be Saturday September 15th. So unless there are a lot of objections, then set your calenders ladies and gentlemen. IT'S ON!

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15TH, 2012

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Crap! That was my fault, I didn't want to take either 31 or 37, I think the plan was to take 65 down to Edinburgh that way. I fixed it. I think 37 and 31 would both have way too many stop lights and risk splitting us up. If ITP is cool with doing something like that I am all about it! I think waiting to eat that late may be a little too late, but then again it would be our last stop.

My thought was to still have lunch somewhere along the way, then after our last shoot, cook out burgers and brats either at ITP if Brian is o.k. With that, or even Garfield Park, or I'm o.k. with everyone coming to my place for the cook out. I'm in Greenwood, just off of Fry rd.
    Keep in mind, I haven't heard back from Brian yet, so this is still just me thinking!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    My thought was to still have lunch somewhere along the way, then after our last shoot, cook out burgers and brats either at ITP if Brian is o.k. With that, or even Garfield Park, or I'm o.k. with everyone coming to my place for the cook out. I'm in Greenwood, just off of Fry rd.
    Keep in mind, I haven't heard back from Brian yet, so this is still just me thinking!

Ok Just let me know if and when you hear back from him. I hope we can work something out like that. That would be a good idea. Lunch on the road and dinner at ITP.

What time are we meeting on the 15th?

We will hammer out that detail in the near future. It will be around 8 am.

I'm am currently without a bike. I'm hoping to borrow one for the ride. I'm in for a shirt either way.
    Hopefully we can find a bike for you to ride. We will know more about the shirts soon as we are hammering out some details on them.

Top Bottom