• ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Evening y’all.

I recently learned that Liam McKenna’s twin sister Maddy recently had a major stroke, at only 24. Sounds like she has a pretty long road ahead of her to recovery.

Liam has organized a GoFundMe to help cover what I am sure are horrendous expenses. If you are not aware, Liam is one of the better [finally not a Jr.] Service Rifle shooters in the country, and a squared away young man.

Picture: Long Range Nationals, I’m the only hot rifle left on the line, as sighting at 1,000 with an A2 is a little tougher than most of the real rifles used out there. I’m not a slouch on an A2, but it sucks pretty bad once you pass the half mile mark. But hey, I’m getting by pretty well, probably 13 minutes into my 20 allowed, with a couple shots to go...

Older NRA Ref. decides he needs lemonade faster, and comes over to basically question if I am even on paper, and loudly point out that he’s “not giving you more time here”.

LIAM...a 19 yo kid at the time, basically tells the ref to pound sand and go away. I can’t hear this whole exchange due to..ya know...actually shooting. So I asked Liam about the hubbub, to which he replied: “Nothin’. Just keep shooting.”

He knew full well what I was up against, and that I needed no distractions, so out of respect, he put in place an authority that should have known better.

That’s the kind of kids we’re talking about with Maddy and Liam.

Seems like maybe I can help out.

If you can help as well, be it $1 or $100, try this link:

Thanks,
    -Nate

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Thank you guys!!

I remember a time not that long ago when I couldn’t have helped much at all with this, so now that I can, I feel I need to pay it backwards.

If anybody wants to help, but is uncomfortable with GoFundMe, just shoot me a PM and we can make some arrangement.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Hey all, we got a nice update from
    Liam today on one of the forums. It sounds as though she’s doing okay, and everyone is staying positive, but there’s a long, long road ahead of her:

6A357A90-D987-4531-89DE-3977B8EA59FA.jpeg

From me: thanks again for all your help!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Evening y’all.

I recently learned that Liam McKenna’s twin sister Maddy recently had a major stroke, at only 24. Sounds like she has a pretty long road ahead of her to recovery.

Liam has organized a GoFundMe to help cover what I am sure are horrendous expenses. If you are not aware, Liam is one of the better [finally not a Jr.] Service Rifle shooters in the country, and a squared away young man.

Picture: Long Range Nationals, I’m the only hot rifle left on the line, as sighting at 1,000 with an A2 is a little tougher than most of the real rifles used out there. I’m not a slouch on an A2, but it sucks pretty bad once you pass the half mile mark. But hey, I’m getting by pretty well, probably 13 minutes into my 20 allowed, with a couple shots to go...

Older NRA Ref. decides he needs lemonade faster, and comes over to basically question if I am even on paper, and loudly point out that he’s “not giving you more time here”.

LIAM...a 19 yo kid at the time, basically tells the ref to pound sand and go away. I can’t hear this whole exchange due to..ya know...actually shooting. So I asked Liam about the hubbub, to which he replied: “Nothin’. Just keep shooting.”

He knew full well what I was up against, and that I needed no distractions, so out of respect, he put in place an authority that should have known better.

That’s the kind of kids we’re talking about with Maddy and Liam.

Seems like maybe I can help out.

If you can help as well, be it $1 or $100, try this link:

Thanks,
    -Nate

In....and doubled intended donation simply due to the story about her brother putting a ref in his place.

Top Bottom