• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PewDewd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2021
    Hobart
    So real life review time. On Sat 9/11 I ordered a Ruger Security 9 from Shoot Point Blank in Merrillville Indiana for store pickup, the website clearly showed it was in stock. My son has wanted one cause it's comfortable for him to shoot with his arthritis. He's only 17. We wait all day for the email that it's ready, never get it. Called the store, they say it's out of stock. They'll get one from the warehouse, should be in Tuesday. Sunday the gun goes out of stock then Monday it's back in stock. Call on Tuesday, store says it's still out of stock. They'll get one from the warehouse. Wednesday, contact corporate customer. They tell me the gun is on back order and they don't know when it'll be available. Thursday, another round with corporate. Request that the order be canceled and refunded. Get an email that the orders canceled. Go to login to verify and my accounts been disabled. Contact corporate to find out why and all they say is you're still a member. Now they aren't reaponding.

999cs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    NWI
    I only went there once and I found the staff there to be pretentious ***holes. When I inquired about the shooting range, they said that they would need all my contact information in their system. The range fees were high (my friend said they are even higher now since covid), and their prices on even used firearms were outrageous. I've never been back. It's a shame as the range looks really nice and its close. Oh well. Good luck sir.

@KellyinAvon
    Sorry about the profanity-thanks for the edit.

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    My experience at SPB has been mostly positive, but I have not been there in a while.

Bought some guns there, pre covid, at reasonable prices.

I was a member there for about a year until I joined Michigan City Rifle Club.

The indoor range is nice, especially when it's not crowded.

One if the things I liked about the membership was that you can use it at any of their locations. I travel for work and took advantage of that.

@PewDewd, did you ever get your issue resolved?

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I also had a not so good experience there. They had 30rd glock mags on sale in their flyer, went in to grab a couple and the guy legit took the two I had in my hands and put them in the back and told me that they weren't supposed to be out on the floor.

Had good experience before going to the range with my son, but will not go back after the previously mentioned outing.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    My range time and gun buying experiences at Merrillville have been positive. I have not used the range since the Wu Flu struck. I went there last week and was disappointed to see that range time has increased to $22/hr.

I did have a frustrating experience a few weeks ago while trying to order a gun from their website to have it shipped to the Merrillville store. While the site shows guns to be in stock, it turns out that online gun ordering can only be used for guns that are currently in stock at the store where you want to pick it up. It's essentially a way to buy the item before you visit the store. The site is a bit misleading and I wasted a bunch of time.

Top Bottom