• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just the other day I noticed a Shoot Point Blank is under construction (looks nearly done) south of Rockville Road at Country Club Road (about 1 mile east of Avon.) That is all!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    CC road ends at Rockville rd. yes.....?????

You can go south across Rockville on CC, but I think it's a different road. Go past Get Go and the medical office and you'll run into it.

Edit: Itz thar, I seended it!

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I remember when there was nothing but trees at that intersection.

A lot of stuff has gone into that area since we moved here in 07. I think the medical place was here then, now there's a Get Go, a doggy day care, a tire place, a closed Tim Hortons, Culvers, and an extended stay motel. Oh yeah, and a Shoot Point Blank.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I remember when there was nothing but trees at that intersection.

A lot of stuff has gone into that area since we moved here in 07. I think the medical place was here then, now there's a Get Go, a doggy day care, a tire place, a closed Tim Hortons, Culvers, and an extended stay motel. Oh yeah, and a Shoot Point Blank.

Between 1979 & 1982 I would drive through there to my brother's house in Speedway. Since that time a lot has changed in that corridor from Country Club to 267 in Avon.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I just left there about an hour ago, not sure if I'd go back. They had 9mm (basic cheap stuff) for 19.99 box, limit 3 boxes. Picked up a few and looked at a couple guns and then went to check out. The asked me if I was a member and I said no. He asked if I was gonna use the range, I said no. He asked if I bought a gun and I said no. He said the only way I can sell you ammo if you have a membership or the other 2. I guess I looked at him funny by the expression on his face. I said what's the membership about, thinking I would just sign up. He pulls out this card and shows me 3 levels of membership, the cheapest is 24.99 without tax......PER MONTH!

I told him to have a nice day and walked out. I will go back but only one time since I do have a gift card that was given to me. I'll rent a lane and buy some ammo. I'll buy 3 boxes and rent for 30 minutes. I'll use 24 rounds and walk out, never to go back.

I should have asked if you need to be a member to use the range.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    To answer your question, you don't have to be a member to use the range but you will be forced to let them scan your DL.. That is a problem for some but the edict comes from corporate office in Ohio so don't shoot the messenger.

I'm not angry with the employee. I just think the policy sucks.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is the majority opinion on the policy but corporate can't understand why people don't agree with it.

Not sure what people find objectionable about the policies mentioned here. Limits on the pittance of ammo they get that it only go to customers doesn't seem out of line for a big corporate type store. Doesn't seem any different than the small LGS that saves its ammo allotment for their regular customers in the back room.

If you had a multimillion dollar facilities for range shooting what information would you want from customers before letting them shoot guns around other people?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Not sure what people find objectionable about the policies mentioned here. Limits on the pittance of ammo they get that it only go to customers doesn't seem out of line for a big corporate type store. Doesn't seem any different than the small LGS that saves its ammo allotment for their regular customers in the back room.

If you had a multimillion dollar facilities for range shooting what information would you want from customers before letting them shoot guns around other people?

Because they will only sell it to me if I pay them $25/month, buy a gun or use he range. Their policy is costing them money.....it may keep the shelves full.

I feel if they charged $3-5 more per box and, with a membership you can save $xxxx and the limit is 2 times the regular limit. Either that, or make SPB a members only club (which is essence it is). The actual cost of ammo is the same or higher than current market after adding in range fees/membership.

I'll use up my gift card but I won't spend otherwise. That's just how I feel. It's their business and their policy. I respect that but do not agree with them.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Not gonna scan my info. Period.
    I am fully in line with the ammo situation but not offering up anything past signing the disclosure.

Top Bottom